View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Well after taking her collar off I've got to be honest and say she ate a few pieces but no more, I had tried feeding her by hand a few times but that hadn't worked. I think I've come to the conclusion that she now just prefers wet food, I'll see how she goes during the rest of the day.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I've written a couple of posts about Tangle not being well and being off her food and her appetite hadn't much improved. Today she was pooing yellow water and there was blood in it, I tried to take her to my vets but she is away on a course and when the vet nurse saw her she advised me to take her to the petsmedic clinic which I did.

When we got there they did some blood tests (which came back clear) and an X-ray but they couldn't see anything on that. They have kept her in overnight and have phoned me to say that her ultrasound was clear and they are doing some more advanced blood tests. The vet did say that her heart beat is slow and that she is also undersized for her age as well as being underweight and that this could in fact be something she was born with (she's 20 weeks now).

I'm beside myself with worry and so upset, it's been an awful week as I lost one of my best friends to cancer and had her funeral yesterday and now this today with Tangle is just so sad.

Please keep her in your doggy prayers and hope that they find out what is up with her.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
I've written a couple of posts about Tangle not being well and being off her food and her appetite hadn't much improved. Today she was pooing yellow water and there was blood in it, I tried to take her to my vets but she is away on a course and when the vet nurse saw her she advised me to take her to the petsmedic clinic which I did.

When we got there they did some blood tests (which came back clear) and an X-ray but they couldn't see anything on that. They have kept her in overnight and have phoned me to say that her ultrasound was clear and they are doing some more advanced blood tests. The vet did say that her heart beat is slow and that she is also undersized for her age as well as being underweight and that this could in fact be something she was born with (she's 20 weeks now).

I'm beside myself with worry and so upset, it's been an awful week as I lost one of my best friends to cancer and had her funeral yesterday and now this today with Tangle is just so sad.

Please keep her in your doggy prayers and hope that they find out what is up with her.
I'm so sorry for you reading this. Please don't give up hope. My dog was on death's doorstep when I got her. They could not give me hope she would live - but she survived.

I don't want to offer false hopes as I've no idea what the problem is with Tangle. Dunno what to say really - only that I found it helped ease my ANGST to keep a blow by blow DIARY (and I do mean every five minutes!) of what was happening with her. It just helped me have something else to occupy my mind while she was so dreadfully ill.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2013, 06:39 PM
May be worth asking them to test for Addisons, it doesn't show up in routine tests. The other things that spring to mind are campylobacter and salmonella both of them have the watery yellow poo symptoms
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:42 PM
I googled this watery yellow diarrhea in dogs and there is a lot of info about it.

I won't put any links because I've no clue what cause would apply.

But you might like to put into search 'Causes of yellow diarrhea in dogs' and see what you get?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:45 PM
So sorry to hear you lost your friend
Can imagine how you're feeling over Tangle, I would be the same.Try to get some rest,hopefully tomorrow will bring some goods news(( hugs to you and Tangle))
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Everything crossed here for Tangle and sorry to hear about your friend.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm sorry, I have no advice - just wanted so say hope you cn find out whats wrong and she gets better soon!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I am sorry about Tangle - you understandably are worried sick but at least she is being well looked after. Poor little thing is still so young.

It could be something like IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or could she be intolerant to what you have been feeding her One of mine was underweight at Tangle's age and constantly had upset stomachs many of which had blood in. It turned out that he was intolerant of the food I was giving him. Chicken, pork, beef plus all beef chews and grains basically were making him ill. I changed him onto a fish diet and he blossomed immediately - what a huge difference. I now feed him 6-Fish Orijen and he has never looked back.

I hope Tangle bounces back once they find out what is making him unwell. Lots of healing {{{{{{vibes}}}}}} being sent to Tangle from me and mine. ((((hugs))) for you too who must be feeling so upset at losing your close friend.

Keep us informed.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Poor little Tangle, and poor you what with Tangle being poorly and the loss of your friend.

Special healing {{{vibes}}} for Tangle and (((hugs))) for you. xx
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »