Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Everything crossed here for poor Cheech to recover xx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Hope we get some good news tomorrow about Cheech. You must be worried sick. {{{vibes}}} for him & (((hugs for you)))
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Oh no, I'll keep everything crossed for Cheech. You must be worried sick. I'm sure everyone is rooting for you both.
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm so sorry this has happened

There has been cases in Bristol when laced food has been put down for dogs people are unbelievable
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2013, 11:28 PM
More fingers crossed here for Cheech.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Saying prayers and sending absent healing for your boy x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
in fact we can get 500mg ones in england (morrisons) but that is still a lot of tablets, im getting a horrible feeling that he ate somthing that was lased with the powdered tablets put out by sombody on purpose,
i am sure he wouldnt eat tablets he wont even eat 1 worming tablet with out a battle

thank you all for the lovely messages, of course i will keep you updated as much as i can
I hate to even type the word 'poisoned' in relation to dogs but this was on my mind too (as it is an everyday occurrence here in Cyprus) I do hope this was not the case.

My dog is so small I don't even carry one of the pens for snake bites - they don't often save much bigger dogs so I reckon if anything DID get Bella she'd have no chance at all.

Lanate is illegal here but they still get their hands on it and it's their poison of choice for dogs - they put it on liver or other tasty stuff. And it is an excruciating death for the dog.

Obviously your dog did not ingest something that toxic or I doubt he'd still be hanging in there.

It's just such a puzzle isn't it? One of those times where you REALLY wish they could talk - and tell you what they did!

*Bella ate one paracetamol tablet over Xmas in the UK. Party at my sons and one of my daughter's pals slept over in the spare room (and obviously did not close the door properly).

First I knew of it was going in there to see a pool of vomit on her duvet consisting of two alcoholic chocolates (with wrappers) and one pill. Dog looking very sheepish. The pal told me she'd taken headache pills. The dog obviously wolfed down everything she found by the bed.

But my dog is HELL to give tabs to - the UK vet gave up and I had to do it. Yet she cheerfully gobbled that one down along with the chocolates? It did come up whole (but a bit rough round the edges) and we were able to ascertain that she couldn't have swallowed more than one. Not sure if it was the trace of parac. or the whiskey in the chocolates that made her the most sick.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Thinking of you this morning and praying for some good news on Cheech.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 07:33 AM
I hope you managed to get a bit of sleep, and I'm really hoping Cheech is still stable, as those first 48 hours are so crucial. Still rooting for him. If you've heard nothing and he's on 24 hour watch, then remember no news is good news.xxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 07:37 AM
That's what I was thinking Helena. At least they've not heard that it's worse news.
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »