View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks a lot for all your kind words and encouragement its so nice to be able to come on her and talk to people who love their animals just as much as i do as none of my friends are really into animals but all my family have been on the phone today checking up on her progress as they are animal lovers.

Took her to vets today and its better news than i thought but has me worried in other ways now Confused she has now been diagnosed with arthritis and has been prescribed Metacam which she has to take for the rest of her time she has with us. (according to the vet collies are prone to this in there ligaments)

The vet has said not to worry about the lumps as they are just fatty tissue but wants to see her in 2 weeks as she isnt sure if these and her cough are all connected to her mammary tumours she did reassure me that lumps will occur with old age not sure if thats supposed to make me feel better or not.

She did a thorough check on her mammary tumours and checked her breathing as i told her she was now coughing a lot more so on our next visit in 2 weeks she will see how we have got on with the medicine and maybe x-ray her to rule out heart problems etc.

Until then she has told me she is a little on the plump side so we will need to stop the treats me thinks as this will not help her and asked her about the honey and she thought it was a great idea aswell as a fish oil tablet daily.

I have gave her first dose of medicine which she dissaproved of completely and even jumped back in her bed and turned her face the wall but second time round we managed it.

Pets we love them loads but they dont half cause us to worry dont they she is now sleeping soundly in her bed or shall i say sulking.

I just hope she still has a few months left and i am taking all of your advice and i'm going to spoil her rotten.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-08-2005, 08:13 PM
I am pleased to hear that she still has some quality time left The Metacam should help a lot with the arthritis aches & pains. There are meds to help old hearts if she does have a problem.

Let us know how the next vet visit goes.

Treasure every day.

SB
Meg
Supervisor

08-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Hi Sambo thats good news, the lumps will be benign lypoma (fatty tissue) Amy has some quite big ones they are painless and not a problem ..has she a heart problem ..this can cause fluid and congesion on the lungs leading to a cough so it is essential to keep the weight down so the heart has less work to do
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm glad it's better news than you thought. Enjoy your time with her as I know you will. Big hugs
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2005, 08:20 PM
thats great news fish oils help you want omega 3 fish oils to help her heart we used to cut the capsule and spread it over her food, i do think it helped ours with her heart condition.
as sb said there are meds to help with heart problems my old girl who had heart conditions was on them and it did help her to stay with us and have quality of life we got an extra 2 years because of it.
good luck another thing to watch is the weight it is a big indicator how the heart is coping.
all dogs get fat lump esp old ones just keep a eye on them.
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the advice i will take it on board i have cut her food down now and her paw seems to be getting better as yesterday she wouldnt put no weight on it at all and insisited on sleeping in her bed all day until i forced her to get out in the sunshine.

I'll let you all know how we get on at the vets in 2 weeks time
Meg
Supervisor

11-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by sambo
Thanks for the advice i will take it on board i have cut her food down now and her paw seems to be getting better as yesterday she wouldnt put no weight on it at all and insisited on sleeping in her bed all day until i forced her to get out in the sunshine.

I'll let you all know how we get on at the vets in 2 weeks time
Yes please do that...good luck
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 01:47 PM
I'mglad you had better news than you feared - enjoy the rest of your time together now.
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Thats good to hear some positive news. Enjoy your time together with each other xxxxx
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 02:52 PM
I dont know if I have done the link correct but I'm so so sorry to your news. My Barney is 14 and started off with a tumour:- link Question on tumours?
went to the vets and it was cancerous and that morning he ran down the stairs so quick he cracked a bone in his leg unbeknown to me he was riddled with cancer and his bones are crumbling. He was given 1 week to live then 2 months. We are now in our 3rd month and he is doing good for all his problems. I pamper him and give him so much love I wish to think that is keeping him going throughout his discomfort. I wouldnt see him suffer as he isnt yet but hang on in there dogs are so resiliant with that extra special tlc they surprise us all. Keep in touch as I know what you are going through.
Laura xxx Hope this link works:-

url]http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/showthread.php?p=131339#post131339[/url]
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »