Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2005, 02:26 PM

trixy is getting worse

As some of you might remember my 14 year old collie cross trixy was diagnosed with mammary gland tumours a while back now and was told to go home with her as there was nothing else they could do due to her age (14)and was told to keep an eye out for more lumps and to keep an eye on the size of her lumps and keep an eye out for respiratory problems thank god these havent changed size or form but she does seem to be coughing a lot more.

But the last couple of days i noticed she was limping occasionally and last night i made an horrifying discovery she has a lump above her right armpit about the size of a golfball pink in colour and after examining her left armpit she has small pea size lumps there aswell i am taking her to the vets tomorrow but i am thinking the worse as the vets have said before she is too old to be operated on and im woried there is nothing they can do has anybody had any simular problems that could advise me at this very sad time.

She is still eating, drinking and still going to toilet etc.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh dear Sambo

I lost my Tam1 back last September due to cancer and even when they were removed she didn;t fully recover. We made the heartbreaking decision to have her PTS She was 5.5 years old

It must be breaking your heart but do you think that maybe you should discuss the final option?
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2005, 02:40 PM
So sorry Sam, i had no idea she had got this bad, it is a choice which has to be made by you, i couldn't do it, but Trixy's life is the most important.
My thoughts are with you Sam, keep us informed
Best wishes
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2005, 03:42 PM
{{{hugs}}}
Poor Trixie. Poor you.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Poor Trixie and poor you

I havent tried it, so I cant really give you any advice, just wanted you to know, that I'm thinking about you..

J
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2005, 05:23 PM
I have had to do it twice, it doesn't get easier but you have to think of poor Trixy. Sometimes you need to do what you don't want to do.

Ian
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh Sambo, I'm so sorry. It seems to me that the end is very near.

My advice would be this, take Trixie to a favorite place, and spend some quality time giving her your undivided attention. Take a camera, and get lots of photographs of her, and some of you both together if you can.

Then, when she tells you that she's had enough, and believe me you'll know when the time comes, do the last loving thing and help her to go calmly and quietly. Hold her while she goes, and tell her you love her.

Your heart will break, but that is her pain that you have taken to bear for her. Trixie will be gone but love and memories will never fade.

Bless you both, love Dawn R.
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2005, 07:31 PM
It is the hardest decision to make and sometimes the kindest, my thoughts are with you, you will know when enough is enough, great big hugs. mandie xxxxx
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Thankyou so much for all your kind words i am taking her to the vets tomorrow so i'll let you know how that goes.

I have also been talking to friends today which has made me feel a little better i know that trixy will let me know that she is ready to go but i am dreading it how did you all cope with it i have only ever had to have a rabbit put to sleep and that broke my heart i am such a sap when it comes to animals.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2005, 08:25 PM
you cry alot and remember the good times you had together and the silly things they got up too and you never forget them regardless of the time thats passed.
just remember we are here to talk too when you need us.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »