View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 12:26 AM
\o/ YAY for normal poops!!! I am so intrigued as to what the vets come back with re. the original poop!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Not been on all week, eversuffering husband has been home on holiday all week..... BUT.... came on today and saw this!!!!
OMG!!!!! Poor Zena and sorry but had a real giggle bout you and the looking glass

Really hope Zena and the poo news is getting better!!

xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Well that's alright then! Next problem Helena! (I don't need photos lol!)
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi Helena

Really glad that Zena's poo's are relatively 'normal' now. Does her belly ache seem to have settled as well? Is it too early yet for the vet to be getting back to you with the results of the original 'stool sample'? (says me trying to be posh)!!

Hope things are still settled there x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 05:18 PM
thanks Elaine and Deb and all who joined in my hysteria over the recent event of a normal poo around here, but.....

It's all gone downhill again since then I'm just not happy about it all, because it just isn't right for HER! She's still fine in herself, she's eating, playing, running, driving me nuts, and thanks to Google I'm now blooming convinced that she has a worm burden (although of course, she still looks a picture of health!), but this just isn't right, or maybe I'm expecting too much and she really does have irritable bowel but why???!!!

Fish and rice (changed from the sweet potato Saturday night to rice now), then chicken and rice yesterday and today. First poo almost normal but I don't like that dark green colour, and the 2nd mr whippy, same colour, and then lunchtime I just got a big blob of yellow/green mucous Phoned the vet, taking her in tomorrow morning to see the top man who deals with Georgie and who also told me back in April that she probably has irritable bowel. I think she needs a bit of help, but then again, they said the sample could be back by (well, the report on it, not the sample lol!) Wednesday, so sitting here wondering whether to wait until it is back? He might give him more of a clue as to where we go from here, and tomorrow's appt could be pointless, coz she'll screw her tummy up coz he's a man and he's frightened of her so they'll both be stressed out!

This dog had no sickness or diarrhea for over a year since they both got infected with giardia, how I don't know, but they did, we used the 3 day Panacur and finito, for one whole year all was fine. Then this April, she starts throwing up food, always when she's just starting eating it, so we changed the food, went to the vets, he suspected megaesophagus and told me to change to tinned food and do the special feeding of it (rolled into balls fed from a height). That didn't change anything, one meal out of 3 would have her walking away and chucking it up in a corner, even with it being mashed up and fed in small handfuls on a side plate to get her to eat it slowly This went on for weeks/months like this, until we had the meals so finely tuned that she would only chuck it up once in a while. Intermittent diarrhea, but also very strange in that she would do a normal poo in the morning, then lunchtime it would come out like a hosepipe and very yellow, then evening she would give me a normal one again! Endescope was ruled out by the vet when I took her in for it coz she said she looks too darn healthy and lively! She diagnosed sensitive tum!

The very strange thing is, since I bit the bullet, diagnosed her myself with worms, gave her a Drontil Plus XL about 3 weeks ago, something drastically changed with her eating I didn't have to feed her such small, mashed up amounts, I could tell by the look of her that there was NO WAY she was going to throw anything up now, and she hasn't! You could feed her a normal meal, all in one go, she'd eat it slowly, and it would all stay down and I knew it would, coz of the way she looked when she was eating it and that hasn't changed. So again, this told me I was right, she did have worms, worms that were maybe in that esophagus (coz they do ya know!) in the stomach and that pill killed them off, BUT, now there is the problem further down Why? Have they all moved into the intestines now? Could that be hookworms? Maybe the Drontil doesn't kill them all off if there's a burden or more eggs have hatched? The vet says I can't worm for a month after using the Drontil, so that's out until next week then. I have a 3 day course of Granofen (Pancur) in the cupboard all ready and waiting. Maybe she has this giardia again? What makes me think this way more than anything, is the fact that her ball is constantly being dropped in leaves, c*ap, earth, you name it, sometimes it gets covered in it, and I do my best with wiping it off in the grass or on my trousers, but this is the best way of infecting yourself with any nasties I would have thought? Put the ball away? I can't! I only do it when we're walking with other dogs, coz she loves her ball, it's the enjoyment of her walk, but could it be the culprit of all this I wonder? Then again, for the 18 months she was perfectly fine, she still had that ball in her gob on our walks, so that kind of rules that out!

The even strange this is, they were both wormed with Granofen in March this year, which is only a short while before all this started?! Maybe she needed a 2nd dose a few weeks down the line which she never had?

To top it all, I had the other one doing blobs of yellow yesterday lunchtime, he was straining and I thought, oh here we go, it's obviously an infection she's passed on to him now she's fine again, but then he stopped doing that by the evening and has been fine again today, normal poops!

Yes, I probably worry too much, but when a young dog like this who has been totally normal up until April this year, you can't help but worry that something isn't quite right, and I'd hate to be ignoring something that could cause a major problem if left. Life wouldn't be the same if I didn't have something to worry about!

Yep, I think I'm off to the vet tomorrow AGAIN!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Aww, H, what an awful worry for you.

I'm sorry, I can't offer any medical help, but with regards to her walk and dropping her ball in all sorts of smelly stuff, would it be worth taking a bottle of sterile water out with you, and just give it a quick swish?

With regards to the worming treatment, I know it says that you can't give anything else before a month is up, but could the vet not give anything else?

I hope you and Zena go on okay tomorrow. Please keep us informed. x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2011, 05:29 PM
(((Hugs))) Helena.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Could this be colitis, H? It would fit the symptoms...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Aww, H, what an awful worry for you.

I'm sorry, I can't offer any medical help, but with regards to her walk and dropping her ball in all sorts of smelly stuff, would it be worth taking a bottle of sterile water out with you, and just give it a quick swish?

With regards to the worming treatment, I know it says that you can't give anything else before a month is up, but could the vet not give anything else?

I hope you and Zena go on okay tomorrow. Please keep us informed. x
Good idea about the water, I'll do that from now on, it'll save my poor trousers from getting streaked in mud too won't it! I think the vet should give her something, maybe Metronidazole which would of course kill off the giardia if it IS that! thanks Deb.xxx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
(((Hugs))) Helena.
Thanks Lynn, not good is it!xxxx

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Could this be colitis, H? It would fit the symptoms...
Yes, because of the mucous I'm now getting on the poo, which I suppose would also go hand in hand with his irritable bowel theory, but I'm at a loss to understand why, when she has always got the very best of food. Why has the sickness suddenly vanished after all those months, and now it's affecting the rear end though? It can't be something stuck, coz she's passed hundred's of poo's since April either! And why so suddenly, when all was fine for 18 months and nothing changed here with food or anything before it all started. So, so strange, and something is wrong imo. Thanks Claire.xxxx
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I don't have anything to add to this except I definately think a vet visit is in order, if anything just to help you.

One thing I would say is "relax" stop over thinking this... ie: the ball and dirt etc.. remember she is a dog, they eat sh*t, they eat dirt, they eat stuff we wouldn't think was possible but they do! and they deal with it in their own way. I feed my girls a lovely healthy grain free diet it costs plenty of $'s but TBH they would be just as happy with horse sh*t!!!

I hope I don't sound patronising so I am sorry if it appears like this, BUT, could you obsessing over the poop situation be causing the poop situation - in a way, following her around, being in the poop as soon as it appears etc.. I know I used to be like that with Daisy and it is SO hard not to be like that. But they pick up on everything, and it sounds like Zena is a really sensitive girl who is picking up on your anxiety, you worry about her poop before it has even appeared and so she tenses up get anxious and then - voila... runny poop!

I really have no idea I am just trying to help you understand what is going on!
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >