Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2011, 07:53 AM
I am relieved to hear that Zena has had a reasonably normal poo

[there is a joke about pooing guts out but I do not want to ruin peoples' breakfasts so will desist from posting it!]
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I am relieved to hear that Zena has had a reasonably normal poo

[there is a joke about pooing guts out but I do not want to ruin peoples' breakfasts so will desist from posting it!]
No, save it for later!!! I think I've already done that bit though with my graphic description!!! Thanks Safta, I'm quite ecstatic (sp?) now!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Great news, Aitch......

x0x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Yes, that sounds like good news to me too Bara always has a second 'poo' after the main one and that second one is always a bit 'iffy' so it sounds like Zena and Bara have similar digestive systems
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Tangutica. This has been ongoing since April this year, but it was intermittent sickness back then - almost had the endescope but the vet said she looks far too healthy to have any serious problems, so you kind of go with it don'tcha! Never, ever had blood in her stools before yesterday though, that's a big worry, the amount of it, and my gut instinct really, is to take her to the vet tomorrow. I'll sleep on it!

Thanks WhichPets, yes, no change in her activity level, although she's happy to be quiet and resting. Then I worry about that coz it's not like her, so I go over to her to see if she's ok and up she gets, runs and gets her ball, so then I know she's fine, so I just can't work it all out.

I've never done the starving bit Bev unless the dog is telling me, then I'm happy to starve them until they're ready to eat (had all that with Cassie didn't I ). The vet told me yesterday to do the fish and potato which I had told him I would be feeding her, as I know my own vets are against this 24 hour starving for some reason, maybe it's a good one? I'm loathe to give her anything myself, especially if it's something to bind her up, when it could be something her body wants rid of if you see what I mean? Why didn't he give me something yesterday I wonder? He could have given me that tube of grey stuff I've given her before as a puppy when she had a bad bout of diarrhea? He didn't even want to examine her, he said he didn't want to stress her out I think I'm going to the vets tomorrow, my gut is telling me I need to. Thanks Bev.
I agree H, my vet told me never to "starve" , let the dog dictate to yo u, if they don't want to eat they wont, when they are ready feed them small bland food.

Poor girl, hope she is feeling better soon.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Awwww glad things are looking a bit better

Funnily enough my friend just rang to ask if I wanted to go for a walk on the beach and a whippy........funnily enough I said no
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Oh wonderful news! I am so relieved for you that the poops have nearly settled down, and now am fascinated to know what the investigations show.

You are too well clued up to insult with the question "could those white bits be tapeworm segments"!! That is all that I can think of. The twig with branches is rather odd too It does all seem to point to Zena having downed a heap of something revolting, including some of the surrounding flora, but I suppose that now there is no point in speculating and it's a case of waiting for those results.

Please give both Zena and Georgie a cuddle from me.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Glad Zena did a nice solid (all-be-it slightly greeninsh) poop! Great news you don't need to go to the vet with her.

Hope the analysis comes back ok

And yes.. the darn pad. Its re opining all the time, although no more blood. She has not been properly walked in a week now and this evening I got the most exuberant greeting Ive ever had in her life!! Anyway fingers crossed it just doesnt get infected, am trying so hard to keep it clean.

All the best with Zena, so glad shes doing better
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Sorry to read about Zena and her poo and although it's a serious thread I admit to laughing at some of the descriptions of the poo long and hard, mr whippy type

So glad her poo is more normal today and that's she's still her self and not acting ill. Hopefully you will get the results back soon and you also get to the bottom of her recent tummy problems.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Bless her So glad her poo is near enough normal now
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »