View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Good grief, some dogs will do anything to gain attention. Seriously though H, I hope that it all turns out to be totally innocent, and in a way the fact that the vet has seen nothing like it before is a good thing isn't it.

It's no use telling you not to worry, but I have everything crossed that Zena is totally back to normal tomorrow with no more nasty surprises in her poo.

xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Just to update. I'm still worried Fish and potato all day yesterday and today, and all I've had so far, is a small mr whippy which was almost dark green and then a small lighter mr whippy with blood streaks

I've given her pro biotics with yoghurt yesterday and today, but I really feel she might need something from the vet, can't understand why he didn't want to give her anything yesterday, like ab's, or that paste, until he gets the results of the poo sample. I know it's Sunday tomorrow, but if there's no improvement from the rear end, especially if I see blood again, then I will take her to the vets and get some help.

Have to say, she's fine in herself, but I'm keeping her quiet, she's just had a morning walk and that's it. Don't know what else to do really. She's starving hungry, but I'm sticking with little and often, but given the chance, she would eat a big meal but I won't give in until I see a normal poo, which will hopefully be on the cards tomorrow morning.

Might give her scrambled egg tonight, or maybe I'd better stick with the fish or boiled chicken breast which I've just cooked up. Oh I dunno, never quite had a dog like this with stomach issues, so there's got to be a reason, let's hope that sampe comes up trumps.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Everything crossed here for a good result - fingers, eyes, legs (they've been crossed for years!)

I do know how you feel - I've had the same problems with one of my dogs - and no one was ever able to pinpoint the cause. They just got better. I hope yours does too.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 07:58 PM
O dear sorry to hear there haven't been any good poops today Fingers crossed shes doing better tomorrow, at least shes still eating and well in herself.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I am sorry she is not right still.
To be honest I would completely starve her for 24 hrs so her tummy can empty and have a chance to settle. Giving her food even little and often is keeping the stomach overworking and feeding the problem.
Do you have any pro- kolin as that may help to settle everything down.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear Zena is stil not right. Fingers crossed it is easily sorted.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Everything crossed here for a good result - fingers, eyes, legs (they've been crossed for years!)

I do know how you feel - I've had the same problems with one of my dogs - and no one was ever able to pinpoint the cause. They just got better. I hope yours does too.
Thanks Tangutica. This has been ongoing since April this year, but it was intermittent sickness back then - almost had the endescope but the vet said she looks far too healthy to have any serious problems, so you kind of go with it don'tcha! Never, ever had blood in her stools before yesterday though, that's a big worry, the amount of it, and my gut instinct really, is to take her to the vet tomorrow. I'll sleep on it!

Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
O dear sorry to hear there haven't been any good poops today Fingers crossed shes doing better tomorrow, at least shes still eating and well in herself.
Thanks WhichPets, yes, no change in her activity level, although she's happy to be quiet and resting. Then I worry about that coz it's not like her, so I go over to her to see if she's ok and up she gets, runs and gets her ball, so then I know she's fine, so I just can't work it all out.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I am sorry she is not right still.
To be honest I would completely starve her for 24 hrs so her tummy can empty and have a chance to settle. Giving her food even little and often is keeping the stomach overworking and feeding the problem.
Do you have any pro- kolin as that may help to settle everything down.
I've never done the starving bit Bev unless the dog is telling me, then I'm happy to starve them until they're ready to eat (had all that with Cassie didn't I ). The vet told me yesterday to do the fish and potato which I had told him I would be feeding her, as I know my own vets are against this 24 hour starving for some reason, maybe it's a good one? I'm loathe to give her anything myself, especially if it's something to bind her up, when it could be something her body wants rid of if you see what I mean? Why didn't he give me something yesterday I wonder? He could have given me that tube of grey stuff I've given her before as a puppy when she had a bad bout of diarrhea? He didn't even want to examine her, he said he didn't want to stress her out I think I'm going to the vets tomorrow, my gut is telling me I need to. Thanks Bev.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry to hear Zena is stil not right. Fingers crossed it is easily sorted.
Thanks Lynn, always a worry, one or t'other! I don't like the smell of this poo she's giving me, it's rank, something's wrong here
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Good luck at the vets tomorrow, I guess if shes not quite as active as usual then it is bothering her.

Perhaps stock up on Pro-Kolin (is that the grey stuff you meant?) from the vets just incase.

Hope it all goes ok, poor you and Zena they are worries! Kestrals paw is still a disaster, its been re-opening and not drying out well so there may well be a vet trip for me too on Monday if it worsens.

Gosh they are such worries!!!! All the best to you both X
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I would not starve unless a 'clued up' vet advised it. They changed the advice for treating kids with diarrhoea and sickness years ago. Used to be starve them for 3 days only fluids. Now it is feed them as normal - starving them only stops them passing the nasties. If they eat normally and evacuate more they will get rid of it quicker.

Same with any miracle diarrhoea cures. They only bung you up to stop you going. Having a congealed mass in your stomach/intestines so you won't need to fly to the loo every five minutes is not the same as getting rid of the CAUSE of the problem. In fact, modern thinking says it can PROLONG it.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »