View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Oh no H you poor thing. What a worry and I can just picture you with your mangnifying glass and a poking stick. Lucky your glasses didn't fall off your head!!! Sorry no help I know!!

Hopefully all the invasive test will no be necessary and the vet can sort it all out for you.

Hugs to the delectible Zena hope she feeling better after that clear out xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Thank goodness it doesn't sound anything serious. Hope it doesn't happen again and the tests come back negative and you can put this episode behind you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks all! When a vet tells me it's not "normal" and he's never seen anything like it before, I think I have good reason to be worried Soooo much of it too, such a strange dollop of whatever, who knows?!

She was normal on the walk. Waited an hour, gave her scrambled egg (which she normally loves), she walked away Hand fed her a bit and she decided she might eat it afterall, so that's good.

Just cooked up some frozen fish with sweet potato and she ate a small meal of that, now she's sitting there like I've poisoned her, staring into space, so she's obviously got a problem somewhere, bit of pain in her tummy/bowels. I'm going to monitor her this afternoon, and see how I feel about taking her down later, although in all honestly, if I were to get up and move about, she'd be up like a shot, and would go and get her ball if I asked her, so not toooo much to worry about I don't think, but just have to see.

No 2nd walk today I'm going to keep her quiet for the rest of the day. I'm dreading that next poo as you can well imagine! Not mine, but hers lol!

The results will take 4 days he told me, so that's quite a long wait, and it's Friday, why do these things always happen at the week-ends
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Lol @ Fudgeley......I was too.....though don't know why?

Oh H, I hope you get the results back quick and that it's nothing serious, bless poor girlie x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Sorry, just back on.....

Hope our Gorgeous Zena is okay H. I must admit, reading what you saw, I would have done exactly the same as you!

You did the best thing going straight to the vet with red poo, but it could be something as simple as a slight irritation in her tum. She does have history of tummy trouble doesn't she?Fingers Crossed H that everything is okay or easily treatable once the results come back.

Sending Doggy Vibes from Me, Molly & Mindy xx
Yes Deb, she does, but only since April this year, before that all was fine, all was good, and it was after she had a marrowbone, and that's always something that sticks in the back of my mind, it's a niggling feeling, although the vet told me it would have long disintegrated in her tummy after a few days, but the worry has always been there for me.

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Oh Helen! It would be so good to get this poo problem sorted out!! Now I can verify that Zena doesn't eat anything on her walks. She is totally focused to Helen and that ball!

I will keep everything crossed that the results come back as normal and this is just 'one of those things'. Alfie is fine at the moment. Actually, he ate some bird seed at a friends which dried up his poo a little too much! What a worry these dogs are. Massive hugs to you and Zena xxxxxxx
Glad to hear Alfie's now doing well! Did you worm? I'm wondering if I gave too much of that bran in her 2 feeds yesterday, but 2 teaspoons??? Nah! Surely not?!xxxx

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I kept scrolling down slowly in case a photo appeared! Hugs to you both and fingers crossed all is well.How long do you have to wait?
Yes, LOL at you there Rach!!!! I can't think why that thought never crossed my head at 7 am this morning when I was out there with me poking stick and magnifying glass in my dressing gown on the driveway lol! I wonder what my neighbours must think of me!!!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Maybe the last remains of worms : Don't know but your vet should be able to tell you. OK just seen your post where he's had a look at it so now it just needs the report from the lab.

And of course I do hope it's nothing sinister, keep us posted please.
3 weeks ago now H? I've got this strange feeling that IF she did have a burden of worms somewhere, maybe they all got together in a big "clump" coz that is exactly what this dollop looked like it was really big, must have been a good 4" across on top of the poo and about 2" deep!!!! Scarey stuff

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Lol @ Fudgeley......I was too.....though don't know why?

Oh H, I hope you get the results back quick and that it's nothing serious, bless poor girlie x
Yes LOL at Rachael there hey!!! Nothing's normal here is it Becky as you well know (whips without walnuts, scotch eggs without eggs, eclairs without cream and so it goes on lol! Such is my life )
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Ohhhh nose poor Zena!!

I was thinking colitius as it sounded like mucussy jelly red lump, which Daisy has done in the past. It usually starts with not eating and obviously feeling crappy, but normally once this poop has passed she is back to normal.

It does sound like Zena has tummy ache and there is more to it - poor Zena.

I feel like I have failed my girls though as I have never studied the poop with a magnifying glass Thanks Helena for my morning larf...

BUT on a serious note I am keeping everything crossed for Zena *hugs*
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 03:49 PM
This reminds me of the time the turkey giblet bag appeared at t`other end of my dog and we were all poking about mystified as it was still sealed - but empty.
To me it sounds like something has whizzed through so fast it`s still undigested - possibly something she`s picked up.
I hope she (and you) are back to normal soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Ohhhh nose poor Zena!!

I was thinking colitius as it sounded like mucussy jelly red lump, which Daisy has done in the past. It usually starts with not eating and obviously feeling crappy, but normally once this poop has passed she is back to normal.

It does sound like Zena has tummy ache and there is more to it - poor Zena.

I feel like I have failed my girls though as I have never studied the poop with a magnifying glass Thanks Helena for my morning larf...

BUT on a serious note I am keeping everything crossed for Zena *hugs*
Lol at you DD, no, you haven't failed your little Daisy, far from it!!! You and me have been through some very strange things with our two, but this one takes the biscuit, I can't wait to hear what they come up with! Thankfully, she's bounced right back to her normal self this afternoon after a lunch and nap, she just chucked her football right up in the air, it bounced off my table lamp and she legged it lol! Thanks, I'll update when the next poop appears and with those results so watch this space! Hope Daisy is now doing well.

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
This reminds me of the time the turkey giblet bag appeared at t`other end of my dog and we were all poking about mystified as it was still sealed - but empty. To me it sounds like something has whizzed through so fast it`s still undigested - possibly something she`s picked up.
I hope she (and you) are back to normal soon.
Well, I think we've got your giblets Claire lol!

I remember the time we had a 4" long piece of pizzle stick, which had been cut from the great big 3ft lengths, so very thick with it, how she managed to get that bit through and out t'other end without her eyes watering still mystifies me!!!! she's a gulper this dog, but never anything she's not been given, I can vouch for that.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I kept scrolling down slowly in case a photo appeared!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Never mind a piccie of the poo, I wanted a piccie of you studying it with the stick & magnifying glass Mrs B!!

I really hope all turns out well for Zena & that you get a quiet weekend until the results are back xxxx
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »