View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Well that's a relief isn't it I know that it doesn't solve the issue, and maybe the blood tests will come up with something, in which case you will know what you are working with.

However, I am sitting here thinking that Zena is her normal self and poops are back to what they should be, and it rather reminds me of my years working at the kennels. Every so often a dog would produce the most appalling, foul smelling, blood stained poop and the vet would be summoned - nothing found to be wrong with dog, and it was back to normal within 12 hours after a meal of plain rice (well, that was what you did back then). There was also the little dog that appeared to poop out the entire lining of it's innards - I spent a long time peering at that - about 10 seconds TOO long in fact, because I came over all funny!! That shows how bad it looked, because I was an ex vet nurse and used to all manner of things disgusting. Dog was fine in itself, and vet could find nothing untoward. Next and subsequent poops were fine. There were lots of incidents like this, and my point is that maybe Zena just has these horrible episodes, and there is in fact no underlying medical issue that is causing them, just random triggers. Some people are prone to digestive disorders, but they have no actual illness, and perhaps dogs can be the same?

Whatever, once you have seen through the investigations and if nothing untoward is found, maybe you will be able to sit back and relax and not worry too much. Easier said than done I know. Have a hug and give Georgie and Zena a cuddle from me please.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 01:31 AM
\o/ for clear poop samples /o\ but no good not knowing what is going on!!

Poor you, I feel for you so badly as it would have been better for SOMETHING/ANYTHING to show up, at least then you would know what you were dealing with.

IBD is so irratic, in people and animals... sending good healthy vibes from Seattle!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Well I'm glad it was nothing sinister Its always frustrating when there are no clear answers but at least shes cheered up now and hopefully no more IBS like symptoms for a while!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Fingers crossed it's not crypto - as long as the vet requests or has requested that, along with other protozoan tests such as giardia.

With our vet, we had to practically force her arm up her back in our attempts to convince her that Tai had something, and it was not just indeterminate colitis. I was convinced that he had staphylococcus aureus, but it was giardia. She was absolutely amazed, but I hope is a bit more clued up now to the fact that farmers are using biosolids more and more and vets are going to see a whole host of nasties such as giardia, stapph, e-coli etc.

The problem is when they are big animal vets as well - they have a conflict of interest there.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Crikey H, I've not been on here for a while as Hen as been poorly and we've had other stuff going on, but I couldn't believe what I was reading, another scare for you, I just don't know how you get through it all in once piece.

I'm pleased that Zena seems well in herself and hope they get to the bottom of it very quickly and it is something easily treated xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, whaddayoudo then??!!!!
Oh Helena I don't know, it seems that there's something going on inside her but so far it's all been negative so what on earth can it be

But at least she's all happy and playful now. I was so glad today Bara was playing and grabbing my sleeve on our walk and she hasn't done that since she was ill, you can tell when they are feeling OK it's just difficult when they are not isn't it
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Good grief H, Ive only just seen this and have read all through. I'm really pleased that Zena seems to be feeling a lot better and her poop is looking a lot better. What a week you've had....its the not knowing that makes us always go with the what if its......or maybe this.... on and on until our heads explode with worry (not that I've actually SEEN this happen you understand, but I'm sure one day it will )
Hope she continues to improve and that you are finally given a proper reason for it all.
Take care of yourself whilst all this is going on.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm wondering, just me thinking, as ya do.....
If this "thing" has been inside her for a considerable amount of time and she has just managed to poo it all out and Zena will go on and have no more problems.....
We can only hope.....

As always huge hugs to the girlie herself and to Georgie boy too
xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
I'm wondering, just me thinking, as ya do.....
If this "thing" has been inside her for a considerable amount of time and she has just managed to poo it all out and Zena will go on and have no more problems.....
We can only hope.....

As always huge hugs to the girlie herself and to Georgie boy too
xxx
That's kind of what I've been wondering too! I said to the vet the other day, it's almost as if something had been in her gullet/stomach for all that time, and now suddenly, it's all change, no signs of sickness, the way she eats, is totally different, she doesn't give me that "look" as if to say "I'm gonna chuck all this back up in a mo" even though we've been feeding her very small portions at a time on a side plate having to watch her all the time as she eats! It's sooooo different now, she can eat anything, any amount and she's totally normal, she never slopes off half way through it like she had been doing for weeks on end! THEN, we had this strange stuff come out the other end That's why I asked him if there's a certain worm/parasite that lives in the stomach and then moves on to the intestines, but he said not

Have to say, since the week-end, it's all been perfectly normal, no signs of any colitis, or yukky coloured muck coming out t'other end, just normal, it's all so weird.

Not that I'm complaining of course, this is what I want! Thankyou God!!!!

I'm debating whether or not to have the blood tests done at all next week, and I'm also debating about the 2nd worming. On the one hand I'm thinking, if it aint broke, leave well alone. If I do the 3 day Panacur could that set something all off again?! Just don't know do ya It's only been a month this week-end since she had the Drontil, so if all stays good, then I could just do it when it's next due after Christmas.

I might have a word with the lady vet who has seen Zena before, and perhaps get the blood tests done next week, I can just leave her in their capable hands, with her muzzle on and hope for the best. Then I think to myself, if this IS irritable bowel, the stress she would go through, would it set it all off again I wish she was an easy dog with the vets like all the others have been, but she's not, she gets in a right old state, not surprising after what she's been through with them, but I'll have to think about it before next week. The blood test of course would show up that crypto, although having researched on it now, I don't think it is, because as the vet said to me, it would be chronic diarrhea which it's not

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and concern for Zena, finger's crossed things will stay this way, coz it might well have been a big ball of hair from old Georgie stuck in there for a long time couldn't it? He did say that blob was full of hair that he poked around in! Thanks all, I do appreciate your concern,help and advice as always.xxxx
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10