View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:02 AM

Any ideas please? (What I found in poo!)

Zena just poo'd out something like I've never seen in my life She did a perfectly normal one first, and then out came this one, which a big globule of bright pink/red, almost half the entire poo It's the colour of inside a pomegranite, and I've looked at it with the magnifying glass and can see some "tubey" bits there?!

Now, she is not a scavenger, she would never eat anything whilst out coz she's always with me and I'm always watching her, she's not interested anyway, only in her ball.

The only thing different she had yesterday apart from her usual chappie, was a bit of fish with sweet potato coz she didn't seem right yesterday morning and refused brekkie, but was normal on her walk and ate two meals lunchtime and evening. She had chicken and sweet potato in the evening. Then a bonio in the evening and a fish stick, but nothing like what's just come out of her and I'm really worried

I've boxed it all up with this glumpy mass sitting on the top and I'm taking it down to the vets for examination. Never seen anything quite like this in a poo.

She did have oatbran spinkled on her two meals yesterday (just a teaspoon each) as I've read it helps with worms. I'm wondering if she did have a burden, whether the bran could have shifted a big group of them who were sucking off her blood, coz having dabbed some kitchen roll in this, it definitely looks like blood! OMG this is very worrying. She's quiet, same as yesterday morning, but not ill and she'll perk up when I get ready for a walk, but maybe I shouldn't, I might go straight to the vets when they open?

What do ya think guys???
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:08 AM
It does sound like blood in her poo. I'd take her to the vets just to be on the safe side. Keep us updated.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Sounds very much like Zena has been eating the red berries that are on so many bushes at the moment........

They are tube like "on the way out"

Not sure if they're dangerous for dogs. I know the foxes eat them around here and the poo is exactly as you describe.

x0x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:10 AM
I hope she is alright H. My first reaction was she had eaten something, but you say she definetly hasn't, so I have really no idea.
Sorry but had to have a little smile to myself at the thought of you with a magnifying glass examining it .
Fingers crossed its something and nothing and Zena will be bouncing round as normal very soon. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:14 AM
I hope you're right Vicki, but I very much doubt it, she's just not that type of dog, and I never let her eat anything when we're out, she's so ball focussed she's just not interested. It looks like "innards" to me the more I look at it and the amount of it is scaring me, that's what made made me investigate it when I got closer. If she'd eaten a rabbit, I wouldn't be worried, coz it really does resemble some rabbit guts, but if you'd just cut them up!

Always something here Do the vets do this sort of thing if I take it down there? Surely they would, especially the way Zena's been for the past 6 months with her weird sickness episodes and diarrhea, even though that stopped after the last worming session 2 weeks ago.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2011, 08:29 AM
(((Hugs))) Helena. I am hoping it is nothing to worry about.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Good luck at the vets - I have no idea what it could be, but I am mightily interested to see what the vets say!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I would say take a piccie and post it, but not sure my stomach is up to that this morning (have had a very sick child here this week and have had my fill of those kind of images!!). Why not ring the vet and describe it and see what they say and take it from there? They may want to see it/her, or they may be able to put your mind at rest.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Have to say, I know you are worried and I shouldn't giggle, but the thought of your examining it with a magnifying glass nearly made me spray my tea all over the screen! You do make me chuckle H.

Anyway, hope it is nothing at all to worry about x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Things we do for our dogs! Good luck at the vets. My old cavvy used to get the runs whenever she managed to eat anything other than her usual diet and occasionally it would look as if she had passed a portion of her innards. Sort of liver like? Vet told me it was nothing to get too worried about - but a lot of vets in Cyprus don't get too worried about much when it comes to dogs. This would happen if any misguided soul gave her a bit of greasy KFC before I could stop them.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »