View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:49 AM
I can only say what others have said, I am shedding tears for you and Bandit, so sudden and shocking, not what I saw coming.
I know it will be hard but the time with Bandit will be precious and he will be in the best of hands with his two legged mum.
Hugs from me and the boys to you and Bandit
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 05:55 AM
What terrible news, Jackie. I'm so sorry.....

x0x
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I am really sorry to hear this Jackie *hugs*
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2011, 09:31 AM
What awful news, I'm so sorry Jackie
Big hugs to you and Bandit xxxxx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:01 AM
What shocking news, my heart goes out to you.
Dogs live in the present they are not aware I believe of "the future" therefore as long as he is able he will be fine, if that makes any sense. Monitoring seems appropriate and I know that is what I would do for mine.

Take care and remember people are here for you. Even in the middle of the night (well not me but someone will be) Look after youself and don't beat yourself up these things happen and there is often no reason as to why. Look after yourself.

Karen
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Again thank you all for your support.

Thia was a bolt from the blue and really didn`t see it coming.

He has been suffering with lameness for about a month now, we have been treating it as a shoulder muscular strain, was about o go back to have more investigation done, when the cough brought it forward, with fluid on the lungs my vet wanted to check it out (btw thats just a very nasty infection) so we agreed to xray the shoulder as well, but Will (my vet) was decided to xray the wrist too, as something looked suspicious, as he was right, the tumor is in the wrist.

Bandit is comfortable, sleeping actually on my daughters bed (as usual) the old man has to have a few privileges

How long we have left , I dont know, the tumor is rampant, and has eaten through most of the bone, so his leg will be very weak,

We could have more investigation done, but cant see the point, the outcome is the same, the only plus would be another box ticked for me, but it would involve more invasion for him..so not an option, he will be spoilt, kept happy with a small walk when and if he can do it, he will be loved to the end and for a long time after.

I am about to get all my ducks in a row regarding who when and where he will be PTS, going to call the crematorium, to speak to them about their services , out of hrs and so on.

I need to be able to have all that in place for when the time comes.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2011, 11:08 AM
So sorry to hear the latest news about Bandit Jackie he had been through a lot with the previous operation on his eye and was such a stoic little chap

At the moment, My vet cant see any secondaries, but thats not to say there is none,

Basically we are giving him palliative care, pain relief for as long as it is relevant.

We will take it day by day, and monitor his reaction, the day he cant take any more is the day we will call it a day.

thank you all again for your support, something tells me, I will need a bit more int he weeks/months coming.
Given Bandit's history and age in your painful position I too would decide to take this no further but would spend every moment I could enjoying Bandit's company, from what you have told us I don't think we are talking in terms of months here .

Big hugs to you both...xx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news JB

Thinking of you all *Hugs*
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:05 PM
He is in the best place with the people most important to him. Whatever time he has left will be super!
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 05:49 PM
so sorry I have missed all this, I am sorry to hear Bandit is so poorly. I hope his remaining time is spent doing all the things he loves. Thinking of you all xx
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »