View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Moss but hopefully the medicine will help . He is such a beautiful BC and keeping everything crossed here for him. xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and experiences. It really does help to hear from people who have been through this condition with their own dogs.

Moss does seem to be reacting well to the medication, and so we will just take one day at a time and hope for the best.

Thank you to everyone.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm so sorry to read this Kirsty, especially so soon after losing your dear old girl.

Leon was diagnosed with heart failure, he sadly only lasted a fortnight but he was almost 10 years old, and had been poorly for some time...hopefully Moss is young enough to react to the medication and come through it...I truly hope you have him with you for a long time yet.

My thoughts are with you xxx
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
So sorry to hear about Moss.
One of my Grans collies, Joe, had it, he was about 12 years old and was put on meds (not sure which ones), he was ok for a couple of months, the tablets got the fluid off his lungs and he stopped coughing.
One day I was at my grans and realised he had a distended stomach and the fluid had moved
His meds were upped, the vet said he was coming to the end of his life and we had to make the decision about his quality of life, my gran thought he was suffering a couple of weeks later and we took him to be put to sleep. Hardest thing I have ever done and it broke my heart.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
really sorry to hear this Kirsty, really hope Moss reacts well to the medication
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Im so sorry to hear this, i dont have any experience with this but just hope the meds work for Moss. ((hugs)) and positive vibes being sent.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:47 PM
oh Kirsty I'm so sorry to hear this, though pleased that the meds seem to be working.

I think all you can do at the moment is take one day at a time - let him be your guide. It is possible that he'll go on for years and years.

Huge hugs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and experiences. It really does help to hear from people who have been through this condition with their own dogs.

Moss does seem to be reacting well to the medication, and so we will just take one day at a time and hope for the best.

Thank you to everyone.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Moobli. I don't know anything about it to advise, but I do know one thing, positivity will help you all, it has helped me stay so strong through Zeke's cancer.

You know all those bad thoughts, just don't even think them, your lad needs you strong, he knows what you are thinking. Come on Moss boy, you stay strong too, you can come out of this even stronger than before and be happy for years to come xxxxxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
So sorry to hear about Moss I have no experience of this, so cant really offer any help... but i am thinking about Moss and i hope the meds sort him out! (((hugs)))
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »