View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Aaaww H my reaction was the same as everyones when I saw this. Poor poor Georgie.
I'm pleased that as the thread has gone on he seems to have perked up. I hope it continues.
Bless him. Please give him a hug from me and a lick from Mo
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Sooo pleased to hear he felt well enough to have a bark and a wee play with Zena.

Maybe the hot day did knock the stuffing out of him I wonder? Whatever ails him, I do hope it's not much - I love Georgie like everyone else here and would hate to think he was very poorly
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:58 PM
OMG H my heart leapt into my mouth when I saw this, but I am glad to hear he seems to have perked up a little now. It may be the heat as he does have a very thick beautiful coat.
I think your right to have a urine test and maybe some bloods if that doesn't show you anything just to put your mind at rest.
I know how much you love your dogs and I know for sure that whatever you do for Georgie will be whats best for him.
(((hugs))) cos I know your a terrible worrier just like me.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I feel for you Helena, and am so pleased that Georgie has perked up a little; I am sure that with a change of routine he will continue for some time to come - albeit grumpily from time to time as befits an elderly man.

I have no doubt that being the lovely caring lady that you are, you will be watching Georgie like a hawk, noting every change in his attitude and altering things accordingly to suit him. You WILL know when the time comes, he will tell you with his eyes, and with his demenour, so in the meantime enjoy every day with him and spoil him like he has never been spoiled before! (all this does not apply to OHs )
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Bless you Helena.
Glad to hear he has perked up a bit.
He has got the most thick coat - he must get really hot on these hot days we have been having.
Hugs to Georgie, a hugely loved Dogsey dog
xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aw H, it could be as simple as old age, Remy lost muscle and her exercise drive and the vet said it was just old age creeping on her... (((HUGS))) anyway to you and Georgie boy xxx
Thanks Claire, that gave me lots of hope when you said the vet used the words "creeping up" I like that, I don't mind creeping up, I just don't want any "sudden" thankyou! xxxxx

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aaaww H my reaction was the same as everyones when I saw this. Poor poor Georgie.
I'm pleased that as the thread has gone on he seems to have perked up. I hope it continues.
Bless him. Please give him a hug from me and a lick from Mo
Thanks Jen, he's certainly brighter after all his sleeping today.xxxx

Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Sooo pleased to hear he felt well enough to have a bark and a wee play with Zena.

Maybe the hot day did knock the stuffing out of him I wonder? Whatever ails him, I do hope it's not much - I love Georgie like everyone else here and would hate to think he was very poorly
Thanks AM, yes, I suppose you lot know him almost as well as I do, having watched him for the past 5 years with Cassie and now Zena. I feel the same about other well loved dogs on here.xxxx

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
OMG H my heart leapt into my mouth when I saw this, but I am glad to hear he seems to have perked up a little now. It may be the heat as he does have a very thick beautiful coat.
I think your right to have a urine test and maybe some bloods if that doesn't show you anything just to put your mind at rest.
I know how much you love your dogs and I know for sure that whatever you do for Georgie will be whats best for him.
(((hugs))) cos I know your a terrible worrier just like me.
Thanks Bev, at least you know what a soppy, gentle giant he is having met him! UNlike the other one hey? It really does take it out of you all this worry, and you know that only too well don't you.xxxx

Dave's just come up with another suggestion, could it be his teeth? I checked them last week when he refused a raw carrot, but nothing seems amiss in there, and nothing smells, in fact, his breath smells quite sweet for an old dog like him!

I've just taken another good look inside his mouth, because he has been rubbing his mouth lately, but he's got a sore spot next to his lip, so I thought it was because of that, which of course I've dealt with. To be honest, I don't know what I'm looking for in there? I'll let the vet check that one out then tomorrow.

It could be his mouth, the fact that he sometimes refuses a carrot or a bonio, and yet he can crunch his way through his kibble, crunch his way through a hard fish stick or a bonio or a raw carrot It doesn't quite fit does it?

It's cooled right down this afternoon, we have some rain in fact, be it a bit of drizzle, and he's not panting, so that's good, coz it now shows that he's not in pain coz he would be panting, but his breathing is quite normal.

I did take his temperature the other morning, and thought the thermometer must have been wrong because it was VERY low indeed, so maybe I can do that again and check if it's the same as it was, because a low temperature can be just as worrying as a high one, or worse. Good idea, I'll do that later when he's getting ready for bed. Anything else I can check?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
Bless you Helena.
Glad to hear he has perked up a bit.
He has got the most thick coat - he must get really hot on these hot days we have been having.
Hugs to Georgie, a hugely loved Dogsey dog
xx
I'm sure he does Jo, and I got the clippers out only last week to clip his belly and legs out, and lo and behold each time I went to do it, he'd been in the pool and was all wet My clippers are electric!!!! I might do it tomorrow now that it's cooled down and he won't be in that pool though. Thanks Jo.xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I feel for you Helena, and am so pleased that Georgie has perked up a little; I am sure that with a change of routine he will continue for some time to come - albeit grumpily from time to time as befits an elderly man.

I have no doubt that being the lovely caring lady that you are, you will be watching Georgie like a hawk, noting every change in his attitude and altering things accordingly to suit him. You WILL know when the time comes, he will tell you with his eyes, and with his demenour, so in the meantime enjoy every day with him and spoil him like he has never been spoiled before! (all this does not apply to OHs )
Sounds like you know me already and how much I spoil my babies then!!! I will change the routine just for him, and it will also benefit Zena being so young, she needs a good long 2nd walk, and for me, she's not as demanding in the evening!

Yes, I was thinking of getting a cooked chicken tomorrow which I normally do anyway, but he gets the legs and thigh meat, and Zena has the best breast, so things are gonna change around here, he'll be getting the breast! Lol! If he takes a turn for the worse, he'll be getting the whole bladdy lot!!!!

ETA: Temperature 38.3 nothing to worry about there.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Just logged in and see this thread!
Sorry to hear this H , I really hope its just the hot weather taking it out of him at the moment.
I have no good advise to give you, I wish I did.
I really hope you see a good change in him in the next few days.
Thinking of both of you, please keep us posted and give him a big squeeze from his biggest fan!
All the best to you both.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Big hugs Aitch. I'm hoping it's just the heat or maybe a little urine infection that can be sorted. Whatever it is, I'm sure you will do what's necessary to make him more comfortable.

Thinking of you, honey x0x
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »