Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Flame is deteriorating

I am so sad My beautiful Flame seems to be in a rapid decline.

She has bad arthritis in her back legs and some other possible complications going on with her back end. I have noticed a steady decline in her movement and agility in the past six months and it has now come to the point where I have to be cruel to be kind and leave her at home when I give the other dogs a good run. Flame can manage to potter around at home, and enjoys coming out with me and the others for half an hour or so, but really struggles uphill or if we are out for longer than half an hour.

I have started giving her a short walk on her own and then taking the other three out for a long walk - but it is so upsetting. I hate seeing her growing old before my very eyes.

The vet has put her on prednoleucotropin tablets twice a day, but I can't see they are having any effect on her condition.

I am going to book her in at the vets for a thorough going over in the next week and just hope he can do something for her.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I am so sad My beautiful Flame seems to be in a rapid decline.

She has bad arthritis in her back legs and some other possible complications going on with her back end. I have noticed a steady decline in her movement and agility in the past six months and it has now come to the point where I have to be cruel to be kind and leave her at home when I give the other dogs a good run. Flame can manage to potter around at home, and enjoys coming out with me and the others for half an hour or so, but really struggles uphill or if we are out for longer than half an hour.

I have started giving her a short walk on her own and then taking the other three out for a long walk - but it is so upsetting. I hate seeing her growing old before my very eyes.

The vet has put her on prednoleucotropin tablets twice a day, but I can't see they are having any effect on her condition.

I am going to book her in at the vets for a thorough going over in the next week and just hope he can do something for her.
Fingers crossed , they can make her a little more comfortable for a little while more

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:00 PM
AWW bug hugs for you and flame

how old is she again?
hydrotherapy really helped bruno when his back legs were bad.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear this kirsty, youll know when to do your best by her. thinking of you
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Awww sorry to hear this. Have you tried the magnetic collars? I have heard good reports on them.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I am sorry to hear about your beautiful girl, I know how hard it is to see them getting old, maybe they may find some medication that will help her for a while longer, I really hope so. Big *hugs* to you and Flame.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear about Flame, as you say it is sad watching them grow old, hopefully your vet can suggest something to help xxxxx fingers xxxxx for you and Flame
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:16 PM
I feel so sad for you, hopefully the vet can make a difference and make her more comfortable.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Sorry to read this.

It's always sad to see them slowing down but I guess it's just part of having pets.

I've noticed over the years that dogs seem to reach that age much quicker than they used to.

Perhaps Flame will like the one to one walks. You could turn into her 'special' walk.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 04:50 AM
SO sorry to hear this. Hopefully you and the vet can come up with some treatment options to keep her comfortable.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »