Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2014, 09:49 PM

Making the most of January sunshine

Off to the big country park above the lake today (hairdresser due when I got back - no time to bathe muttley to get the sand and salt out). Was an absolutely GLORIOUS warm sunny day - so much so that there were still a few lizzy lizards darting about (she still ain't caught one yet tho!)

How lovely it is to have such a sprawling huge park with such excellent flat paved walkways throughout it. You can choose to go off road or on!

Of course we weren't 'on road' very long before she spotted a lizard!

Off we go towards the lake with the mountains as a backdrop (Bella enjoys the ground level view better - I look further afield!)

From here you can see the lake, the mountains and the ancient viaduct at far side of lake

She's heard a lizard!

It went in here!

Now it's in here but it's very prickly in here!

And that's just NOT FAIR! It ran up a tree!
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Such a lovely walk made all the better by the glorious sunshine warming the bones Keep hunting those lizards Bella ,one day your efforts may be rewarded
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

13-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Lovely pics and the wee one is fair enjoying the good weather
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2014, 10:42 PM
You lucky pair you, I am so envious........that all looks absolutely ideal for the Jimster and his paws, and he would love to help Bella catch the odd lizard!

Lovely photos
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 07:14 AM
Oh Pat, I envy you, what I would give for some sunshine right now!!

I wonder what she'd do if she actually ever caught a lizard??
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
Oh Pat, I envy you, what I would give for some sunshine right now!!

I wonder what she'd do if she actually ever caught a lizard??
Indeed! What I wonder is what I would do if she did! I like lizards! I rely on my conviction that she never will (certainly not until she figures out to go for them in a straight line and not zig zag behind them mimicking the way they run!)

She's a happy bunny this week because her first huge old pal, Sasha the Rottie is back in town. She moved away when her owners split up but is back with the wife while the husband is away and the father in law is taking her out every day walking. Funny watching them this morning, after greeting one another they proceeded to ignore one another! Sat down waiting while we chatted, slightly apart and with their backs to one another!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:34 AM
January and sunshine, not two words I would put together, lucky you and Bella I hope you remind her every day how lucky she is to live in the warm
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
January and sunshine, not two words I would put together, lucky you and Bella I hope you remind her every day how lucky she is to live in the warm
I'm know to also occasionally remind the little tyrant that 'if it weren't for me you'd be dead now you ingrate!'

All falls on (huge) deaf ears!

Forecast is that coming weekend is going to be really hot.

Must say I'm used to very mild short winters in Cyprus but have never experienced such glorious, sunny, warm, windless weather right through Dec and Jan as we have this year.

No doubt going to pay for it in the summer by way of water rationing as we've had hardly any rain at all (none since Xmas) and reservoirs are very low.

(We had one week of cold, bad, weather in about late Nov. So bad it made headlines - since then it's reverted back to summer it seems).

I am not complaining - my ageing BONES love this climate!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:47 AM
My mum lives on Paros 8 months of the year and all she does is complain!! I often wonder why she bothers
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
My mum lives on Paros 8 months of the year and all she does is complain!! I often wonder why she bothers
If she's British it's cos it's a British CONDITION - most of them can't stop themselves complaining about the weather whatever it's doing!

Make no mistake I complain when it hits 40+ and stays like it for ages! Phew! But I do admit at least I can have the aircon on or keep plonking myself into the pool and the sea is just over the road. Always cooler at the water's edge.

Honestly don't know how I would cope with a whole full length Brit winter nowadays. Was bad enough last year and I returned after Xmas.

You really do forget just how bitter cold and wet it can be when you've been away for a while. I'd forgotten all about having to scrape ice from windscreens or trying to walk on icy pavements (or drive on icy roads). An example I suppose of forgetting the 'bad stuff' and remembering the good!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >