Our sister sites
Our sister sites
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by morningglory View Post
Hello Nicky,
Want to tell you and many more about the great progress I have been having with Kye. He went through some tough times with the painful injections. Thank God the Vet told me to give his pain medication every 6 hrs, rather than every 8, because he could not get comfortable ,kept getting up and pacing.He was tested in home with a test kit from the Vet , the same as they use at all Vets. Then we sent his blood out to be tested to check his blood levels, such as kidney and liver, white blood cell count etc., and they said you know he has heart worm.It is spead by mosquitos , my other little guy could get it also if I do not have him on the heartworm prevention medication.Being he has been living out in the wild , this should not suprise me, but it did anyway. Iam going to log in detail for all to see about my progress with Kye in the past week , I am just thrilled!
So pleased Kye's progress is going well. Sounds like your vet gave good advice about giving the painkillers more often. Is the treatment finished now or will he need more tests to see if it worked?

I have a dear friend in Dearbourne, Nr Chicago. She wrote to me to say hurricanes were forecast 2 days ago. I'm assuming they weren't near you. I was worried for you too, so glad to see your post. How does Kye behave when the weather is wild? Just wondering if he's accustomed to it, having had to live in the wild for so long.

Sorry, gone a little off topic.

Nicky
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 09:20 PM
It's amazing to hear how far you both have come and how well your doing.Kindness, patience and understanding are certainly paying off. God bless xx
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Thrilled to bits with this great news Morningglory. I have just replied to your other thread, asking about storms. Kye obviously trusts you. I'm over the moon that he's overcome his fear of the house.

Well done for being so kind and patient with Kye. I'm sure he'll repay your kindness by giving you much love now and for a long time to come.

Nicky
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by morningglory View Post
then he started howling like the hound dog that he is to get my attention. I thought dear Lord I cannot have him do that, the neighbor will be calling animal control on me.
The howling is not just to get your attention, I believe it is a genuine call for the other member(s) of the pack to come together and it shows that he is missing you.

Let me tell you what happened with our Baruska, she is very close to my wife, normally we would all go to town together (Me, OH, and both dogs) but sometimes my wife will go to town on her own. When that happens Baruska will go down to West gate and sit and wait, after about an hour she will lift her head to the sky and let out a long howl, starting as a low pitch and rising in pitch, Baruska knows that usually my wife is gone for about two hours, so after this time she would come to me and try to persuade me to go down to the West gate and whatever I was doing I would have to go with her. Often if I was keen to get back to whatever I was doing I would hear Baruska howling again, she would only stop if I went down to the gate and knelt down beside her or when my wife came back of course.

So what's the bottom line well I think you have genuinely started to bond with him and the wonderful thing is that this is just the beginning. Things should go from strength to strength from now on, and you will feel it in everything he does.

Once again well done on all your efforts (Getting up at 3am is hard I know) if only there were more people like you in the world. Both my wife and I often talked about visiting Canada, I don't think it will happen now but would sure like to see Kye and you.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Amazing news!
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Excellent news Your hard work and patience is starting to have a result Good news for you and the dog Well done !!!
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by egroeg View Post
So pleased Kye's progress is going well. Sounds like your vet gave good advice about giving the painkillers more often. Is the treatment finished now or will he need more tests to see if it worked?

I have a dear friend in Dearbourne, Nr Chicago. She wrote to me to say hurricanes were forecast 2 days ago. I'm assuming they weren't near you. I was worried for you too, so glad to see your post. How does Kye behave when the weather is wild? Just wondering if he's accustomed to it, having had to live in the wild for so long.

Sorry, gone a little off topic.

Nicky
HI Nicky, Kye will have to be tested in 4 months to see if it worked.Then he will be put on a preventative.We had storms for several days and Tornado warnings. Thank God , no real problems, and no Tornado experience in our area. I did not know it ,but Kye is afraid of thunder storms., he shakes during a storm. So all this time he was by himself out in the dog house, he was terrified.He has his Mama now to comfort him, that is yours truly.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Blonderosie View Post
Excellent news Your hard work and patience is starting to have a result Good news for you and the dog Well done !!!
Thank you for the vote of confidence!
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Amazing news!
Thank you for your concern ,and vote of confidence.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Baruska sounds gorgeous, what a wonderful intuitive dog - I love seeing a dog howl (obviously as long as they're not too stressed)

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
The howling is not just to get your attention, I believe it is a genuine call for the other member(s) of the pack to come together and it shows that he is missing you.

Let me tell you what happened with our Baruska, she is very close to my wife, normally we would all go to town together (Me, OH, and both dogs) but sometimes my wife will go to town on her own. When that happens Baruska will go down to West gate and sit and wait, after about an hour she will lift her head to the sky and let out a long howl, starting as a low pitch and rising in pitch, Baruska knows that usually my wife is gone for about two hours, so after this time she would come to me and try to persuade me to go down to the West gate and whatever I was doing I would have to go with her. Often if I was keen to get back to whatever I was doing I would hear Baruska howling again, she would only stop if I went down to the gate and knelt down beside her or when my wife came back of course.

So what's the bottom line well I think you have genuinely started to bond with him and the wonderful thing is that this is just the beginning. Things should go from strength to strength from now on, and you will feel it in everything he does.

Once again well done on all your efforts (Getting up at 3am is hard I know) if only there were more people like you in the world. Both my wife and I often talked about visiting Canada, I don't think it will happen now but would sure like to see Kye and you.
Page 11 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »