Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 07:37 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Good morning to all you Dogsey Peops

OMG is it cold or what out there today Lovely and warm indoors, but I think we'd better all wrap up warm for this morning's dog walk, it colder than ever this morning.

We do miss you on here Lynn, I'm really hoping you'll be getting that new puter before Christmas, or I might have run out of steam on this thread by then Hope you're much better today Jenny, and Chris I hope that Gary was much better when you visited yesterday and that you had a fairly reasonable journey on a Saturday with all those Christmas shoppers about. Hope Loki is still fit free Linda, and hope everyone else's dogs are doing fine.

Well, nothing on the cards here, but once again, I'm sure Dave will involve me in something. I have two big pots to fill with a big bag of compost I bought weeks ago, coz when my young man repotted the big bamboo's, we didn't have enough, so the pots are only half full, so they're just kind of sitting in there in the shape of the smaller pots at the moment, and it's a job I've been putting off and putting off, cos I only remember it when I'm going down the front steps to go out and I see them lol! Apart from that, just walking Zena and cooking sunday lunch. Must pop up to the van and see if we've been frozen up, but I left a timer switch on a small convector heater inside and Dave lagged all the pipes underneath, so finger's crossed coz if we have, it could be expensive

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Good morning Helena and all.

Getting ready to brave the wild wet weather out there. Sandwiches made, flask ready to fill...Most of the work in the car.. just crates of jams to load now..

At least I will be warm today as the Fair is in a big local hotel and of course I sell more warm knitteds in bad weather! The mohair is so cuddly..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Morning Rosebud You've got very different weather to us then, we've got really dry and frosty which I much prefer to yours. Good job your fayre is in a nice, warm hotel, and I hope you sell everything you've got packed up in that car
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Rosebud You've got very different weather to us then, we've got really dry and frosty which I much prefer to yours. Good job your fayre is in a nice, warm hotel, and I hope you sell everything you've got packed up in that car
lol.. I would die of shock if that happened!

Once a lady commented on how much stuff I had on sale; I said, yes and they won't let me back in the door at home until I have sold it all.... She believed me and got really worried as to where I was going to sleep..

Today is an experiment in village relationships so we shall see.. but of course we are deep in recession here and folk are struggling so have reduced many prices. And if a child has only a little money I would never withhold. I have a lot of small items for E2 for that reason. Elastic hairbands with crocheted flowers and butterflies etc.. friendship bracelets in plaited wool each with a charm eg angel or cross. Just tiny things that don't cost as it all mounts up
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Morning H, and all,
Apart from walking Lily today I was hoping for a lazy day in the warm just doing a jigsaw before my very busy week ahead. But things never go as planned do they. I have to go to Tesco today for the couple of things I forgot and one item I can't wait for as I need it for the stew and dumplings I am making today.
Then I was in the bathroom and looked at the dirty washing basket which is already bursting at the seams again, so have just put the first load onto wash, which will mean lots of ironing later. Oh the joy of being a woman without a man that you can delegate jobs too.
It was really bitter out there this morning when I walked Lily, the poor wild birds are getting through lots of food and I am keeping fresh water out for them as everywhere is iced up for them at the moment.
Take care all enjoy your day but wrap up warm if you are venturing out.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Good morning Helena, Rosebud and all who follow ,

Helena you are doing a splendid job welcoming everyone every morning without your trusted pal ... Lynn.

I hope you manage to finally fill the pot with the compost.. a little cold to do it now though surely

Rosebud, I hope your Fair goes really well and is profitable and as Helena says its in a warm, friendly venue

It is boody cold here too, but very pretty with the thick frost and the sun now trying to poke through. Definitely a day for lots of layers. The second my dogs feet touched the frosty grass it was 'game-on' .... they love it

OH back sometime today, younger son asleep. I don't think he'll surface for hours as I heard him come in (well the dogs did) at nearly four this morning. No plans today, but no doubt I will be busy.

Have a great one all and I'll drop back later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Morning Bev, we posted at the same time. Have a good day and if you have any dumplings left over they are my favourite
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Bev, we posted at the same time. Have a good day and if you have any dumplings left over they are my favourite
Morning jenny,
I love the dumplings too, but if I don't get to Tesco this morning for some suet (I just gave the wild birds the last of it) we won't get any dumplings
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
lol.. I would die of shock if that happened!

Once a lady commented on how much stuff I had on sale; I said, yes and they won't let me back in the door at home until I have sold it all.... She believed me and got really worried as to where I was going to sleep..

Today is an experiment in village relationships so we shall see.. but of course we are deep in recession here and folk are struggling so have reduced many prices. And if a child has only a little money I would never withhold. I have a lot of small items for E2 for that reason. Elastic hairbands with crocheted flowers and butterflies etc.. friendship bracelets in plaited wool each with a charm eg angel or cross. Just tiny things that don't cost as it all mounts up
It all sounds lovely Rosebud, and I'm sure you'll have a lot of lovely little faces with pleading eyes asking if they can have one of those bracelts for E1, and I'm also sure they will get one!

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H, and all,
Apart from walking Lily today I was hoping for a lazy day in the warm just doing a jigsaw before my very busy week ahead. But things never go as planned do they. I have to go to Tesco today for the couple of things I forgot and one item I can't wait for as I need it for the stew and dumplings I am making today.
Then I was in the bathroom and looked at the dirty washing basket which is already bursting at the seams again, so have just put the first load onto wash, which will mean lots of ironing later. Oh the joy of being a woman without a man that you can delegate jobs too.
It was really bitter out there this morning when I walked Lily, the poor wild birds are getting through lots of food and I am keeping fresh water out for them as everywhere is iced up for them at the moment.
Take care all enjoy your day but wrap up warm if you are venturing out.
Morning Bev See, that's what happens with me, especially on a Sunday when I say I'm going to be doing nothing, I end up busier than I am on a week-day when Dave's away! Yes, those poor birdies, and I'm going to take some bread for the ducks this morning if I remember, I hope their pond isn't frozen over. When I feed them, the little robins appear at my feet for the crumbs! Anyway, try and slow down a bit today hey Bev?? No chance!

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Good morning Helena, Rosebud and all who follow ,

Helena you are doing a splendid job welcoming everyone every morning without your trusted pal ... Lynn.

I hope you manage to finally fill the pot with the compost.. a little cold to do it now though surely

Rosebud, I hope your Fair goes really well and is profitable and as Helena says its in a warm, friendly venue

It is boody cold here too, but very pretty with the thick frost and the sun now trying to poke through. Definitely a day for lots of layers. The second my dogs feet touched the frosty grass it was 'game-on' .... they love it

OH back sometime today, younger son asleep. I don't think he'll surface for hours as I heard him come in (well the dogs did) at nearly four this morning. No plans today, but no doubt I will be busy.

Have a great one all and I'll drop back later.
Morning Jenny Thanks for that It's the getting back to answer that's sometimes the problem, but I try me best! Awwww at your dogs out there in the frosty garden, and I'm sure Zena loves this weather too, so I'd better get moving Enjoy your Sunday Jenny.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

Been up for what seems hours but it is only just coming up to 10.25am so I cannot have been up for that long really. Washing done and nearly finished in the dryer - my neighbour has been with bit of paper so cheque duly written out for three months rent in advance plus the last three months water and electricity - BUT - although the payment for water is an agreed percentage of the total [we share a meter], my electricity meter is a sub-meter of hers. So she pays the full bill and I pay for the number of units I have used.

Pereg had a couple of strange "turns" during the night so I am watching her like a hawk. Yesterday she had a set-to with a miniature bulldog [which I only ever see on Shabbat and which the guy refuses to put on lead] when it came into the front yard and pee'd. Sound of screaming but I knew it was not Pereg - but I cannot get out that quickly and by the time I did the guy who owns the bulldog was yelling at me to get Pereg in, so I yelled back to put his dog on lead if he did not want it coming into my yard. In the meantime his mini bulldog had hared off down the road, and Pereg was definitely not happy, coming in with foam dripping from her mouth.

Of course I immediately thought she was in pre-seizure mode so gave her a calming pill and she settled OK and I thought nothing more of it, but as I say she had a couple of strange "turns" during the night and has just had another one so I am on seizure-watch now.

Sorry - a bit "me me me" at the moment.

Hope everyone is OK - keep warm, safe and dry.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »