View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:38 AM
planning and preparing for it. I've been to the farm shop and bought lots of his favourite 'hooves', he has treats and biccies and I've found a great walk for us all on Sunday where he can get really muddy and do lots of swimming, then I'm going to give him a nice bath that night and a special dinner.
Jesus. Nice baths and special dinners? your dog has a more interesting life than I do.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Poor Woody, Tonto sends his condolences xxx

Tonto also had his dew claws done whilst under having his plums done.... all under the insurance too
Inca was away in Wales with the OH and I can remember Mum worrying when I bought Tonto home, who lay in his beanbag until late that evening, with his cone on his head and his little purple bandages on his back legs.
He was so disgusted with the whole thing lol.

But he was fine, and still humps Inca's head occassionally, but is much calmer.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 12:17 PM
This is a photo of Len just after I picked him up from the vet. The collar lasted less than 20 minutes, as he was so miserable with it on. I never saw him touch his stitches once - bless him - he was such a good boy.

Picture of abject misery, or what?

boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
This is a photo of Len just after I picked him up from the vet. The collar lasted less than 20 minutes, as he was so miserable with it on. I never saw him touch his stitches once - bless him - he was such a good boy.

Picture of abject misery, or what?

My Paddy loved his,would take it off for him to go out and have his needs. When he came back into the house I used to hold it out to him and he'd stick his head back in and wander about with it on as pleased as punch xxxxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Awww bless Len! He does not look happy.

Poor little chaps, what do we do to them ;o)
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm sure Woody'll be fine Em. *hugs*
It'll be harder on you, having to leave him there. I'm a wreck anytime I have to leave my dog in the vet, and turn into the most serious clock watcher ever!
badgerbay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Our Millo was done at 6 months just to calm him down. Good job our vet didn't say leave it till he cocks his leg as he only started doing that last year and his 5 now. He didn't even notice anything was missing i remember him sniffing the next day with the expression i'm sure there was something there the other day. Our vet said the younger there done the less they seem to notice

Annie
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Fernsmum, I've seen the procedure in a book. Makes me feel quite nauseas! Poor chap, thank God he doesn't know.

I know he'll be a Magpye described Kismet, wondering off on the day with his tail wagging with no clue of what is about to happen.

I may cry, but I'll try and wait until I'm back in the car. It'll be the first time in 5 months that I've been without him ;o(
You should see how they castrate cats then!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 04:31 PM
I dithered a lot about Chip and eventually decided against it. Then he started lifting his leg on the children's toys and in all the corners he could find when we left him with someone else for the day. That settled it and he's been absolutely fine.....still as cheeky as ever
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3