Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Think in the future that this country will need to welcome a leader like Thatcher.
Or a President, that would be much better! A male version of Mrs. T maybe, he'd sort it out! I'd much rather vote for a president now, rather than a party as such, because quite honestly, I really don't know who or what I like so I probably won't even be voting. I just want this weak willed, excuse of a leader, to give up and give in, and let a real man take over his job if there's anyone around, I don't feel at all happy about a man like this with his finger on the pulse!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Can someone answer this,

How can a man who starts work at 15 until 19, then serve his country in the 2nd world war, on leaving the army after the war work solid(never out of work) until 1983 then loses his job as a number of business local and a distance away close, try as he might he can not gain employment and is unable to get any help from the govement and has to struggle to surrive until he retires two years later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 01:57 PM
But I thought everyone was entitled to get help from the govt if they were out of work, ESPECIALLY, even more so somebody like him????!!!!

The worrying thing is, we could be heading that way again, businesses closing, high unemployment, oh the writing's on the wall alright!
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
am not going to reply in bold........LOL its a debate and it would be boring if we all agreed
so thats you and ramble who wont actually suggest alternatives

it is a debate - but if you want a debate theres no point putting your fingers in your ear while shouting Thatcher is Evil Thatcher is Evil etc etc etc

and not actually suggest what she should have done instead or who would have done a better job?
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Can someone answer this,

How can a man who starts work at 15 until 19, then serve his country in the 2nd world war, on leaving the army after the war work solid(never out of work) until 1983 then loses his job as a number of business local and a distance away close, try as he might he can not gain employment and is unable to get any help from the govement and has to struggle to surrive until he retires two years later.
why couldnt he?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
so thats you and ramble who wont actually suggest alternatives

it is a debate - but if you want a debate theres no point putting your fingers in your ear while shouting Thatcher is Evil Thatcher is Evil etc etc etc

and not actually suggest what she should have done instead or who would have done a better job?
i think i may have said earlier that i was too young its just what i heard i didn;t say she was evil DID I ?????

suggest alternatives !!!!!!!LOL its a debate not the army luv lol

I ANSWERD A QUESTION ..... state funeral no

PS i donl' put fingers in my ears i am no longer at school luv
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2008, 02:03 PM
but Labour arent in power are they? - You dont see these guys as Labour do you? apparently not - but its that old Labour contradiction again that 3 years into term an employment rate can be pinned on a conservative govt , but anythnig wrong with a labour govt is from eithteen years ago hahaha its so daft its laughable
In name they are, just like the conservitives now in name are the same as back then, parties change and evolve over time.

Someone pointed out the unemployment rate began to rise during the labour reign in the 70s so thatcher could not be blamed, I pointed out people would accuse the goverment post 97 for problems the last goverment made(the dome for one) so why is it ok to not blame thatcher as it was the past goverment faults but its ok to blame the goverment in power for mistakes made.

Fwiw I am not a conservative or labour or lib dem, I will vote for who I feel will do the best job at the time.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2008, 02:03 PM
why couldnt he?
What, get a job or get help?
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-07-2008, 02:04 PM
To be honest . . . I couldn't give a toss whether she has a state funeral or not . . . . !!! . . I never liked her when she was in govenment and still don't like her now. All I know is that I won't be going and if it's on the tv I won't be watching it either . . . . !!!!

As for the debating about what party is to blame for this and what party to blame for that when they were in power . . . !!! It put's me in mind of the greatest quotes from one of the greatest films ever. . . . ' What have the Romans ever done for us . . . ?' . . . . from Life of Brian . . .!!!!!
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-07-2008, 02:07 PM
TWO QUESTIONS

1 - Ramble - how can Thatcher be accountable for an unemployment number three years into her first term, and then be acccountable for everything in this term DESPITE there being a different party in power for the last ELEVEN years? - seems to me your arguments are both biased and totally out of whack with reality? - just im confused why you picked Helen up on the three year thing but then blamed this governments failings on someone 18 years ago?

2 - how can mining communities still be suffering 25 years on 200 miles north of london, yet when the european borders open up half a million poles can travel 5 times the distance over land and sea and find work? - maybe the union culture also bred a culture of being kept amongst its advocates?
Page 10 of 33 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »