Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2023, 07:20 AM

Tis a chilly Tuesday 7th February 2023

Morning all. Yep a frosty night. But not cold in here.
This will make you laugh, I put a notice on the refuse bin about a broken manhole cover under the bin just incase they caught their foot in it. And yep it coldn't be read as covered in frost. Hope you all have a good day and take care if venturing out.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2023, 09:55 AM
Good morning Brenda and al to follow.

Frosty here as well but brightening as I type. Work shortly and am planning on a hairdressers appointment for later this week intend I think to go short short. Not much up today at all. Also need to go shopping this week (food wise) catching up with friends this week as well so planning /phoning/emails to start.

Brenda If they slip/hurt themselves run out and put the sign o top of them LOL Enjoy your day.

Chris Have you decided when you are going to see your sister and how is she?

Lynn Enjoy your day, hope the car troubles are receding into the background and the garage come up trumps for you in the matter of correcting their errors.

Sue Hope all of the girls are feeling better now and trousers are now brought. Will your lad be able to transfer his work skills directly to Brazil or will he need to tweak his qualifications to their rules/procedures? or go in running.

Griff Hope your day is going well.

Right people off to potter for an hour or so before work, catch you all later.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2023, 10:38 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kazz

Have a good walk Brenda. Nice of you to alert people to the problem and hope it gets repaired soon.

Enjoy work Kazz and your plans for this week.

As for Ben being able to transfer his work to out there I have no idea and don't like to push the question of moving back.

Very cold here when I went out for the school run -3. Got back and put the washing out and then walked Teazle. Coffee time before I start thinking about lunch and then back again this afternoon for the pick up.

Take care everyne
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2023, 10:59 AM
Well I am set for a few days as my friend Ann came with lots of books for me to read. Lovely.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2023, 01:10 PM
Good afternoon brenda, Kazz, Sue and all who follow.
A nice bright day here again today so I have popped some washing out.
Bev and Boo popped round for a cuppa and a chat which was nice.
I have a delivery of some pillow protectors and hoping the duvet I ordered at the same time also arrives.
No news on the car as of yet may not hear till tomorrow they are pretty short staffed on mechanics.
So we are still waiting to hear the outcome of the whole fiasco.

brenda that was nice and enjoy your books.
Kazz hope work goes well.
Sue busy busy hope you manage a day off soon.
Chris I hope things are beginning to look better for your sister and you.
griff hope you are ok.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2023, 03:02 PM
3 strings go into a pub and sit down. The first string goes up to the bar and ask for 3 beers, the barman said they don’t serve strings.
So the second string goes up to the bar and ask for 3 beers, the barman said they don’t serve strings.
The third string says to the other two " Tie me in a knot and loosen the ends". So the third string goes up to the bar and gets the beers ,the barman asks if he was a third string and the third string said " I am afraid not"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2023, 05:49 PM
Volvo is back.
We are no longer customers.
In the end they did not take the wheel off and the cv joint to make sure there were no bits of broken clip inside, which was Gorden's request for them not too but they insisted they needed to.
When she phoned a little while ago she asked Gorden if he had seen the RAC guy put the cover back on which he said of course I did.
He has photographic evidence of everything the guy did, he had the photos lined up ready on his phone but she wasn't interested in looking.
So we didn't get charged and Gorden walked out and left things frosty.
We will be using another garage nearby in future, having our integrity questioned and that lad asking did we see him put the clip that he should have put on and didn't was the last straw.

It has made me feel quite sick all the scenarios today that have run through my head and he is grinning from ear to ear and we have been put under scrutiny or that's how it feels.

If I had been on my way to Essex in the fast lane of the A14, A11 or M11 and it had just stopped driving goodness knows what would have happened there would have been a nasty accident that's for sure. What if we had Freya in the car ?

I'm cross they haven't taken it apart and leaving a question mark over who is telling the truth but on the other hand I'm glad they didn't as I would be forever worrying it wasn't put back together properly again.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2023, 06:44 PM
Lynn put it behind you and go to another garage. You are not to blame. Hugs.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2023, 07:18 PM
Lynn your mind has gone into over drive which is understandable but try to put it behind you.

Caravan days are just around the corner...........
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2023, 08:02 PM
Thanks brenda and Kazz.
I think for us mostly it was the lack of an apology and yes my mind does go into overdrive the same as it did for a while when I had my riding accident at 15, falling in the marina in my 40's and breaking a rib then falling in a lock and thinking I was going to drown.
I will move on from it but at this moment I feel so many emotions about the incident.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >