Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2022, 10:25 AM

Hopeful Thursday.

Good morning everyone.
The title is because someone has actually turned up when they said they would come and view the car.
He has come by bus from a nearby village and he asked if we would definitely be here as he has been let down too when going to view, so guessing turned up and people out or sold the car and not let him know.

First load of washing is out and sheets etc., ready to go out soon it's a nice day and should hopefully dry and air.
Then off to meet my brother and after that some shopping for when we go away.

Chris honestly sounds more like a monsoon than a downpour. Everything crossed it settled soon and done properly this time.
Kazz we are just into Derbyshire in the Dales near Briedon I think a flat above a tea room. The tea room has closed down apparently but there is another nearby.
Not expecting much if anything to be open Monday but we will be happy reading and meandering about if the weather is fine.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Good morning,

Lynn so the car is sold Yeah. Sounds Ike a lovely break. Chris blinking heck that place has been sent to try your patience, I think; but on the positive side it works. Brenda glad you had a good natter with your friend, have you plans for the day? Griff Hope you are feeling okay. Sue Expect you are busy again today and Barry is feeling okay after his jab yesterday. Moyra
Missing your updates hope all is good did you ever get the fish tanks reduced or still living in an aquarium
No great plans for the day. Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2022, 11:50 AM
Yaaay car gone. Guy turned up as he said he would and seemed happy well must of been to buy it.
He is getting a bargain, bodywork a bit tatty and it is a category s but no trouble with getting an mot or insuring or taxing it.
It only has 38,500 miles on the clock on a 2003 plate and we paid to get the roof fixed too, although it did play up going back up when he put it down he seemed happy though and said it needs a bit of grease.
Gorden said he seemed to know what to do to get it to go back up.

He said he lost is 14 year old son to suicide 2 years ago and he had said to his dad before that day get another convertible so he has and we hope it gives him and his other children some fun.

Really looking forward to our break Kazz we really need it the days are very long now looking after Freya.
We leave home around 7 am and get home around 7pm. Hopefully things will return back to the 2 days a week in the next week or so.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2022, 01:31 PM
Afternoon all. Went for a long walk this morning to walk off excess from yesterday's munches etc. Then came back to get money to go to Asda and buy some flowers. Apparently a lot of supermarkets are closing on Monday. A lovely gesture I think. Now just sitting reading yet another book called The Winter Promise. Have a good rest of the day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2022, 04:06 PM
Good afternoon all

Busy, busy day.

Out this morning and it was fairly cool and cloudy, but enjoyed it none the less.

The guys did the slabs this morning - yay it is sorted. Boo that they left next door's drive messy. Swept it and told Phil that I will hose it down tomorrow as there is a small amount of wet concrete that is filling a gap. He's happy enough.

Went to Gary's this afternoon to paint in a bit of wall that was buggered up when the guy came and fitted new coat hooks for him. That's finished now

Put his blinds up and the strings that go along the bottom don't grip so they are sending me new ones.

He has a tinted window guy going tomorrow to measure up his kitchen window

This is what has really annoyed me this afternoon. 6 months ago I bought him a data only sim for his tablet. It's 120 gb, 12 months and from Argos. It's stopped working so I phoned EE who said that they have stopped selling them as if you don't make a phone call in six months it's automatically disconnected. I stressed it's a DATA ONLY sim with no phone usage. She said take it up wil Argos because they shouldn't have sold it.

Phoned Argos. They said take it back to the store we bought it from

Dave has taken it back and they are saying it's an EE problem, but to go back tomorrow and talk to the Manager

Yea Gods - you'd think this new techy stuff could be a bit more simple

The moral of the story is don't buy a 12 month card because they don't flaming work after 6 months
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Glad you enjoyed your walk brenda.
Blimey Chris it never stops for you. I would be so annoyed at that.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2022, 08:49 PM
Phoned EE direct (twice) and eventually the reconnected it. The final guy said you get 500 free texts so you can use it to text without extra charge. None of this was explained when we bought it

So he's back on and now he is sorted thank heavens