View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Figo reminds me of my sons Springer Zak who seeks out every conceivable source of water no matter how putrid or muddy.We have to run away from him when he emerges to prevent being covered when he shakes the mud off himself

You are in for some lovely walks Jackie
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
At least it'll clean him all up, not that he's dirty, he's just gorgeous. What's going on with his coat then Jackie, do you clip some of it like you do a poodle?? Love the way he's turning back as if to ask if it's ok to take the plunge, bless him
yes H, I clip him out ,
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Looks like he knows he is a 'water dog'. Lovely pics. Don't think I'll ever get used to looking at that hairdo though!

Helena I read this about the 'trimming' ...

Obv. Jackie has opted for the first style. But also reading I spose for show purposes that in Europe only the lion cut with shaved back end is accepted.

Upsets my sense of symmetry!

Most folk who own a Portie will have them in a pet trim, as you say they will be clipped to a short length all over the body.

You will see the curly coat shown in the US in a companion (all over ) clip with the muzzle clipped out, but apart from that almost everywhere else you will see the traditional lion clip ...

I love his bare bum, and if you saw him in the flesh I am sure you would love it to.

Nothing like a portie with a fabulous flowing coat and a neat little backside, just as they are supposed to look.

The clip is not purely for show, its how they have been clipped for centuries...... TRADITION

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Am now reading about all the 'dogs of Portugal'. Surprised to read the PWD was almost extinct not that long ago but is now the most popular breed. Read this lovely description of them ...
That is so true Tang, they never have a bad day, they are always on the go and are sooooooooo happy but be warned, they also have the most stubborn streak you would ever wish to experience.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
That is so true Tang, they never have a bad day, they are always on the go and are sooooooooo happy but be warned, they also have the most stubborn streak you would ever wish to experience.
Sounds like my kind of dog actually. But I will settle for the pint sized tyrannical opinionated busy busy bossy version ... BELLA!

When my vet sat me down to 'warn me' of the type of dog I'd bought - I replied 'that's OK I am a lot like that too - we will just have a daily war of wills and sometimes I'll let her think she won!'
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2