Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 06:21 PM

Day Two of Dave the Dog Ownership!

Today I went to work with my OH and took Dave. I had him on the lunge line, and he is quite happy to plod along next to me! (Well, glued to my leg, picture it, his face and my knee connected a few times! No-one got hurt though!)

The headkeeper and his wife turned up and she was telling me about him, seeing as she bred him and owned him till December 08/January 09! She was telling me that he is very loving, and is also a very steady dog! He likes to mooch around rather than charge off at 100 miles an hour! Anyway, we were talking about his name and asked if were going to change it. This is the second time I have been asked about it, as the person that was supposed to have him, named Dave after himself, and well the story is too confusing. Neither of could come with anything, so we both decided to have a think.

I was mooching around with Dave still on the lead, when we decided to have a rest. He laid down next to me and had a munch on some grass, and then he put his head on my leg! Very Cutee!!

We started going for a stroll around the field again, and I let go of the lunge line, and he still walked along with me, and he kept stepping on the line, so I unclipped it and still he just wanted to be next to me!

My OH got very annoyed, as he was calling Dave and he was refusing to leave me side! Result for me!! Dave laid down, so I started walking back to the truck and OH called Dave over and started walking with him, then he just flopped onto the floor again and didn' want to move! So I shouted, 'Come on then', ohh and he came running! I think I have made a new friend!

Oh had to get some food for his pheasants, so back into the truck for all of us, and to the feed shed! I bumped into headkeeper and his wife again, and Headkeeper said, why not call him Blade!? So I decided to have a think!

Went for walkies tonight with all the gundogs, when I took the plunge and let him off the lead, it took him a while to realise he wasn't attached to anything, but as soon as he realised that was it, he was having a good old run around!
He's not really bothered by Hamish, Gracie & Misty, so I didn't have to worry about that! I was a bit concerned about the recall as he doesn't really know me yet, but he was coming back no problem! I started calling 'Blade' and he was coming back to it! (well, actually Bladie Boy, in a high pitched voice, as I had been calling him Davie Boy!)
He came ack every time, so Dave the dog is now Blade the dog!

And that is day two of Dave the dog ownership... sorry i mean Blade the dog ownership!

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Bless, it sounds like it is going so well
(and imo Blade is a much better name than Dave)
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 07:46 PM
He is such a lovely dog! He is nothing like what I thought he would be like, seeing as I own his Dad and have met one of his litter brothers!!! He is so chilled out! He's happy to just lay next to me and have a cuddle! Something I could never do with Hamish!!