Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2023, 08:10 AM

Wettish Wednesday 4th January 2023

Morning all. It is damp out so not been for my walk yet. Some emails still not coming through but that is probably because they haven't replied. Just weird that Tesco confirmation and ebay not come through. Ah well such is the vagaries of technology. Chris if you can stand it try gargling with TCP or just mild salty water. That should shift it. Old remedies but they do work. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2023, 09:09 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Wet here through the night and drying up and windy today.
Feeling a bit sad Freya started her first full day at nursery today, Mark sent a photo of Lauren taking her in. With her new pink shoes.
Lauren did well and cried when she left. It is funny Lauren said it feels weird and sad leaving her that long.
She has left her that long since 9 months old when we started helping out. Leaving by 8-8.15 some morning getting home at 6 -6.15 pm. Some mornings she had already left by 7.30 when we arrived and took over from Mark.
Different leaving them at home with Nanny and Granddad.
Not doing much today maybe pop to the caravan to check it over.

brenda really strange some emails coming through others not.
Hope it gets sorted soon.
Chris is very wise being cautious after being so unwell. We will be masking up in busy places.
Glad you're on the mend.
griff how are you feeling and Steve ? Has he gone back to work or is that tomorrow ?
Kazz hope you're doing well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2023, 10:04 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Enjoy your rest whilst you can Lynn. I expect Freya will enjoy herself and be happy to go back again. Children just seem to know which button to press at the age to make you feel guilty at leaving them and then go on to enjoy their day and not miss you

Hope all emails eventually start to come through Brenda.

Pleased you are both improving Chris. I too have taken to wearing a mask once again round the shops. Not taking any chances.

Damp here too. Took the chance and too Teazle out in her coat and it started to drizzle part way on our walk. Nothing planned here. Morning off but back this afternoon on the school run.

Take care
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2023, 10:57 AM
Good mizzling steadily morning people.

Just off to work catch you all later everyone stay warm well and wonderful till I get back.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Brenda, my dad started getting texts coming through from before Christmas!!
Lynn, nursery is a bonus for Freya, she will learn to mix, share and to a certain extent routine and discipline.
Steve is back tomorrow, I lost my temper with him yesterday, I haven't seen him for 6 weeks and I just said it wasn't acceptable and I wasn't having it...I had had enough and felt he was taking the p*ss out of me, he admitted that he felt he may still be depressed...well duhhhhh, I was invited up today but I am going Saturday for a few hours as he finishes work a bit earlier and will meet me in town and then we will go to his house,vtake Molly out and probably have a pizza....he said he would drop me home after but I said I can get the bus.
Enjoy your morning off Sue, hope teazle wasn't too annoyed at getting wet.
Kazz, have a good day at work
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2023, 03:59 PM
All good on the nursery front.
Lauren has an app for the nursery so she can check in. Freya has had a nap, they tell you how long. Freya had some lunch the app tells you how much, Freya had a poo, how many nappy changes and whether it is wet or not.
So all those things are good and reassuring.
We will have a lot to talk about tomorrow.
Lauren is so good that she shares all the ups and downs with us.
Popped to the caravan to collect the battery it was raining so hard when we parked it up in October we couldn't be bothered to take it home. Checked inside all good too.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2023, 04:55 PM
That's brilliant Lynn, a couple of my friends were nursery nurses but.....pre app days lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2023, 05:29 PM
Good afternoon all

It was a lovely morning here. Sunny, fairly mild for the time of year, but a bit breezy. Had a run on the front and up to the closed cafe we sit at to have the coffee we take with us. It feels lovely to get back to near normal

Listerine seems to be clearing the sore throat, but thanks for the tips Brenda. It's more just a mild irritation today. Still get tired easily but that is getting slowly better too

First day at nursery is always the worst Lynn - for mum not child of course
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2023, 06:23 PM
No apps in my day either griff when the boys were small.
In fact no all day nursery just a morning or afternoon playgroup that cost about £2 for 3 hours.
Chris good to read you getting out and about again and feeling better.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2023, 06:51 PM
We have just finished watching His Dark Materials.
We were a bit sceptical at first so glad we stuck with it. Really enjoyed it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >