Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 05:57 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, June 16

Good Morning, June 16th, opening of the fishing season and also the anniversary of when I first got married in 1962 at the innocent age of 17. How I made it last 21 years I shall never know. Children, I guess you give up a lot for them.

I couldn't sleep at all last night, so excited about getting my car back, taxed and insured for another year.

June, I did see a bit of that Judge Rinder. Would it not be worthwhile taking that so called friend of yours who owes you money to the small claims court. If she hasn't got any money you could at least send the bailiffs in. Sure you would get something back. I know what its like my daughter owes me money and she is well off. It just niggles away at you when you could use that money.

Hope you had a better night last night Griff. Hope all is well with you Lynn and Dillon and Harvey and Rianhan and Casey.

Sue, Barry, Mandy, Norma and 1cd and Jenny and Brian hope you are all good. Eileen get your backside back here and let us know what you are up to!

Doesn't look too bad out there this morning perhaps we may have a drier day, would be nice.
Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Good morning everyone

Sorry you didn't sleep well Moyra but can understand your excitement about getting the car back on the road. Hope it stays dry for you today.

Lovely are this morning and hopefully it will stay that way. Going to give the veg plot a quick hoe over to remove weeds but nothing else planned.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Morning all. Well what a busy few days we have had. Nothing particular we just seem to be continually on the go.
Moyra better to be kept awake with excitement than a lot of other things
Morning Sue, I might be in the garden too, it is so nice today.
Take care all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Morning, Moyra, Sue, Nippy Jen and all who follow. Humid here again and sun trying to break through. Already walked Dillon due to the humidity.

Hope everyone is well today and all our four legged friends.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Moyra, the bailiffs were regular visitors there, that's why I'd lent her money, then it was rent arrears, so she took most of my mums money and more. When I needed it desperately there was only Oh I Wish I Could Pay You What I Owe. He's working now, so you'd think they would have the decency to cough up, but only more tales of woe, and I took myself out of the situation, you can only be let down by the same person in so many different ways till you question your sanity in continuing the situation. Best to cut the parasite off and leave it to wither or find another gullible host.
Quite overcast and grey here, cooler than yesterday, which was like you seem to have this morning, Lynn, I was like a wet rag when I came in from walks, straight in the shower I went
Got Katherine here at 2pm to see Zen, so best shake a leg as they say and get a move on
Phone on the blink, had it on charge overnight, not only has it not charged but has actually lost a lot! Going to switch it off for a while, then back on later to save what there is left on the battery, once Katherine's been I can nip out to the life local phone shop
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Moyra, sorry you didn't sleep...i was zzzzzzzing by then but awoke around 3.30...i am trying to get into the habit of not turning on my phone or kindle to see if i can drop back off...not so successful
Nippy, lovely to see you
Sue, enjoy your day...we have rain
Lynn, Morning to you and the lovely Dillon
TW, hope you get your phone sorted out
Had to pop a call intot he vet again...Dex hasn't been to the loo so we are of there this afternoon...rather now than the weekend
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Very humid here, came back from walks, just cargo pants, t shirt and trainers, and had to go straight into the shower after tidying girls up.
Just had a quick clean round ready for Katherine coming and nipping out to the cashpoint now. Phone switched off, am switching it on every hour to pick up messages and let people know I'm not contactable except by email
Nippy, glad you're OK, was getting a bit concerned, obviously you have a very heavy social life
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Afternoon everyone who has followed.
Funny weather here spots of rain, bit of sun but very warm. Did you wear your winter clobber June ?
griff hoping dex is ok and how is the bathroom coming along ?

Popped out for some shopping and to the vet to drop them some strawberries off the nice sweet locally grown ones with a tub of cream of course. Very grateful they were.
Most of their clients drop treats into them as they such an amazing team and more like family than vets.
Just got to put the hoover round then may watch the England v wales game in a while.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 12:43 PM
LOL Lynn, I felt like I had
Back from cashpoint and having a brew watching ITV as BBC has gone over to wall to wall football. Just seen Jeff sat outside the pub, no idea why he isn't inside it watching the game. Saw him coming back from the shop this morning with some cans and thought he was watching it at home, said to him that putting the flags outside his house was a recipe for doom, but he laughed
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Afternoon peeps. Just when I thought things were getting back to normal the toilet won't stop filling up. So I rang my usual man that can and got his mobile so I know he isn't around, probably on holiday, so wrung another man that can and he says he will come round soon. God knows how much water I am losing. Oh well have a good day peeps. June Holby is on tonight.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »