Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2011, 09:53 PM
ditto 'electric collar'
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Azz does not want Dogsey associated with e-collars. It is difficult because he doesn't want it associated with censorship or freedom of speech in the blog section either.

How about a poll? If it is a minority that want the blogs to remain, perhaps they could 'blog' in a designated section of the forum - but only on certain subjects (eg similar to those for which the blogs were originally intended)?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 09:55 PM
-become a new game!

I typed 'dog training with e-collars' and 'e-collar training' and got dogsey on page 3.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Easier said than done - some people cant turn a blind eye, just because you dont read the thread, dont mean its not happening..and by turning that blind eye you are doing nothing to help the change that you feel is needed......
Yes I thought that too, not one of my best ideas..
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
-become a new game!

I typed 'dog training with e-collars' and 'e-collar training' and got dogsey on page 3.
well, i typed e collar recall and e collar dogtra just as krlyr did, and i didnt find dogsey at all by page 4, so im not to sure what she means.

all in all, still nothing for azz to worry about, no one is ever going to click links on page 3 (for any search topic), probably not even page 2.
especially when page 1 has loads of gun dog, ecollar manufactures, youtube videos, and wiki pages on e collars.

you wouldnt bother after that.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
But are you really an open platform at the moment? You have your limitations. The main one being that it's a dog forum! Off-topic threads posted on the on-topic parts of the board would be censored or moved. Commercial posts are censored/removed. Aggressive posts censored/removed. As someone said, swap e-collar for "kick" and is the thread still within rules?
Forums need censorship as a form of control and order, IMO.
Yes, we try to be as open as we can be legally. As I said deleting posts that are considered advertising is not the same - they are not dog-related opinions, but adverts. A discussion forum is... to discuss things, not advertise things.

Re someone kicking their dog, we would report them to the relevant authorities - as it's against the law
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-03-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm not bothered whether google indexes us for electric collar search terms or not - actually, I think it would be a good thing... so more people get to hear our members opinions on the matter

I am bothered about having to 'censor' topics when it comes to dog related opinions - as we pride ourselves on being an open platform where you can discuss anything dog related. (In fact anything that's legally ok dog related or not - as we have off-topic sections too.)

I think the keyword there is discuss - which is why I think it would possibly, probably be ok to impose a ban on shock collars in blogs, as they are secondary to the forums and as I mentioned in the first post were brought in as a goodwill gesture.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Then to avoid any uncertainty, ban their discussion everywhere, Azz. After all, their use has been banned in Wales and the majority of us are hoping that the same will happen in England.

Or do a poll to see what people think, if there is still any uncertainty?

Most folk won't mind at all (and many will be very pleased) because most folk on here are against their use anyway.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
well, i typed e collar recall and e collar dogtra just as krlyr did, and i didnt find dogsey at all by page 4, so im not to sure what she means.

all in all, still nothing for azz to worry about, no one is ever going to click links on page 3 (for any search topic), probably not even page 2.
especially when page 1 has loads of gun dog, ecollar manufactures, youtube videos, and wiki pages on e collars.

you wouldnt bother after that.
Worldwide or UK? I expect that may be difference?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Sorry if I seem to be all over the place on this one - it's just that I can see the problem and that there is no ideal solution so I am trying to chuck ideas in for consideration.
Page 6 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »