View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2005, 08:56 PM
As I said....depends on the breeder. If you purchase a KC reg dog from a REPUTABLE breeder...not just someone who KC regs their pet dogs..they can trace not only the parents and siblings but the health and offspring of GENERATIONS of dogs behind theirs.
Tusker
Dogsey Junior

31-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Well i'll agree with u on that...but there are plenty of good breeder's who dont breed KC dogs....
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Different strokes for different folks
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Tusker, non KC recognised is not the same thing in this case, as non KC registered. If a person wants to buy a non KC recognised breed puppy, they do not have the benefit of the KC/BVA schemes to choose the healthiest puppy. They go on hearsay alone.

I said that I would discourage people from buying an unregistered puppy, we were talking about Staffordshire Bull Terriers at the time, and that particular breed is a KC recognised breed that is currently so popular, and being badly exploited by back yard breeders.

In addition, I have only promoted KC registration with regard to official health testing and public recording of results.

Dawn R.
staffysmum
Dogsey Junior

04-02-2005, 10:20 PM
so now i ask you are you calling me a back yard breeder? mine are home reared with my kids and both of us with more love than can be mentioned i think this has all been blown out of preportion i only placed a forsale ad i dident ask for comment but i sure got em still it makes no difference to me sticks and stones and all that oh and wat comes around goes around meaning the commentors become commented upon
you cant see the other end of the screen or the so called perfect k.c breeders as the man sercing for a pied k.c staff found out
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2005, 01:14 AM
I think people are just passionate about their breed and want breeders to do things right including health checks and registration and thought as to what they put into their line

Nothing wrong with being passionate
CBT
Dogsey Senior

05-02-2005, 09:02 AM
i dont think you are a bad breeder staffysmum, just ignore any silly comments you get on here or on any other boards, somje people just like to run others down and critisize them to make themselves feel better, dont know why they do it but it seems to be a common thing, this board isnt as bad as some, on *some* boards you would get torn to bits for saying you have bred a non KC litter

You know your dogs better than anyone, and you know how well they are looked after and how healthy etc they are, thats all that matters, dont let anyone try to bring you down.
I dont breed KC regd staffs either but that doesnt make me a bad breeder, I dont care if anyone says it does, they dont know me or my dogs, or the pups my dogs have produced, so their opinion cant be based on fact.
Chin up, wish you well selling your pups
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by CBT
i dont think you are a bad breeder staffysmum, just ignore any silly comments you get on here or on any other boards, somje people just like to run others down and critisize them to make themselves feel better, dont know why they do it but it seems to be a common thing, this board isnt as bad as some, on *some* boards you would get torn to bits for saying you have bred a non KC litter
You know your dogs better than anyone, and you know how well they are looked after and how healthy etc they are, thats all that matters, dont let anyone try to bring you down.
I dont breed KC regd staffs either but that doesnt make me a bad breeder, I dont care if anyone says it does, they dont know me or my dogs, or the pups my dogs have produced, so their opinion cant be based on fact.
Chin up, wish you well selling your pups
Well said that person!! I agree CBT, I would choose to register any pups I bred but...it is not my place to tell other people what they should do that is their business and having read what Staffysmum says, she sound a caring and responsible breeder prepared to have vet and health checks (and buy back her puppies if need be and how many of the guardians of the breed will do that) ? This lady did not come on her to ask if or how to have the litter, it was assumed the bitch was already in whelp, there is little point in the hanging brigade having a go at her now. As the pups will not be registered it is less likely that the purchasers will breed from them anyway a they will command lower prices. If Staffysmum is prepared to take the responsibility for her puppies, and clearly she is the world will not come to an end if she breeds a litter. As I have said on here before the hereditary defects everyone goes on about came from somewhere, where was that I wonder ? You can argue they came from the puppy farms..but they had to get their stock from somewhere. I think the most likely source of many of the problems was the overuse of KC registered stud dogs. This is just my opinion and I do not wish to argue the point. I am glad there is one forum with people like CBT and others where everyone does not automatically slap people down when they mention the words 'breeding a litter' . At least most of the time on DW we get a chance to advise people on registration and healthchecks for future reference before as happens on many boards the person is scared away. Welcome Staffysmum, I understand you rushed away too and it took some persuading to get you to return, stick around..we the non judgemental ones will help and advise where we can.
staffysmum
Dogsey Junior

05-02-2005, 10:20 AM
it was only because of people like you i decided to return even though i had made my choice not to revisit for some reason i was drawn back
thanks every message like that makes me happier and determind to come back every time
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I think from staffysmums posts u can tell she is not a backyard breeder! For a start she has made the effort to come onto a dog site, and no doubt will be getting lots of good advice about her pups when they r born. And secondly she cares deeply about her pups, and im sure wud pay any expense just to save one pup. Doesnt sound like a backyard breeder to me.

Everyone has their own views on breeding, but no one asked for advice on how to produce a litter of pups since it was assumed the bitch was already pregnant.

staffysmum, i wish u all the luck finding good homes for ur pups.

Glad to see u came back!
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 24 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »