Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Dogs, no contest. Their love is unconditional, they don't constantly demand the newest toys/clothes cos their friends have it, they don't throw tantrums in the middle of tesco, and they don't take years to toilet train, mostly. I'd not trust a child to do the work of my guide dog, if you payd me. I don't mind older kids that much, (and by older, I mean toilet trained, and able to display a shred of intelligence), as long as I can give them back of corse.

However I really, really can't stand babies of the human variety, nothing more than screaming sh** machines, and my dislike for them has only intensified as I've got older.
dont hold back!!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
That was then, this is now

Snorri

I quite agree.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
dont hold back!!
Don't worry I won't.

Why are you so shocked?.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Don't worry I won't.

Why are you so shocked?.
However I really, really can't stand babies of the human variety, nothing more than screaming sh** machines, and my dislike for them has only intensified as I've got older
I guess because of the amount of distaste in your post directed at babies!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Don't worry I won't.

Why are you so shocked?.
I'm not sure how you can 'can't stand' children, given that you were a child, and your family members and friends were once children too. Well, everyone was a child at some point (stating the obvious there )!! unless you hate people in general, which is a bit extreme.
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I can't understand people who hate children same way i can't understand people who hate animals.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I love my kids, they are my life. I love my dogs too of course. I'd have a new puppy over a new baby though. Wouldn't want any more kids, two is just right for me. I'd have loads more doggies though!

I do understand why people don't want kids and don't particularly like them - both my brothers feel this way. I don't understand why some people are so horrible about kids though . My kids are well mannered and well behaved, and I find some of the anti child stuff quite offensive, as I would anti dog ranting.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I love my kids, they are my life. I love my dogs too of course. I'd have a new puppy over a new baby though. Wouldn't want any more kids, two is just right for me. I'd have loads more doggies though!

I do understand why people don't want kids and don't particularly like them - both my brothers feel this way. I don't understand why some people are so horrible about kids though . My kids are well mannered and well behaved, and I find some of the anti child stuff quite offensive, as I would anti dog ranting.
Hmm, I think there is a big difference between 'not liking' and hating though. I understand people who dislike animals. I have some family members that, for various reasons, are not animal people. Their loss I say, and I'm really not bothered provided they are not nasty about them to my face.

With children I think it is a bit odd (and sad even) to hate what is effectively your own species. Disliking is okay IMO...I dislike a lot of people (some kids included ), but I certainly don't HATE all children!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post

Same here, I can't help but feel slightly offended that someone would refer to my baby as 'nothing but a screaming sh** machine'. I'd also be offended if someone referred to my animals as 'nothing but flea ridden vermin', which has also been said by people who don't like animals. But at the end of the day, I understand those who don't like pets more than those who don't like children. It's everyone's individual choice of course, and I CAN TOTALLY understand those who would prefer not to have kids, but to dislike them completely, I can't.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Easy for me....dogs.
Can't bear kids. Haven't got the time or the patience for them. Most of my friends have young children and the more time I spend with them, the more I know why I don't want any. I don't mind if I end up the 'sad old spinster living alone with her dogs' (so say my sisters!).
Page 5 of 25 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »