Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-01-2005, 10:05 PM

Sleep disorders

I thought Id better start a new topic to save hijacking the palpitation thread,
has anyone else experienced night terrors or sleepwalking?
Any tales to tell? advice to offer? theories on what causes it?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2005, 10:38 PM
cbt its nice to see someone else who suffers from it!
apart from night terrors which uve called them? didnt know their name, i have a feeling i also suffer from insomnia? It always takes me hours to fall asleep at night and im constantly tired during the day! And i can never get up in the morning for college!

but yeh, that jellyfish thingy floating is exactly what it sometimes looks like! its really weird, cant describe wot it is but i will wake up with something floating toward me and i try and push it away and i cant so i jump out of bed!!!!
i have also been known to see laser beams thats wot they looked like anyway, like red beams across the room and ive gotten outof bed to try and touch them.
I have also woken up and hit bf for doing sumin that he hadnt done or had arguments with him!!

Luckily hes used to it now and plays along, makes me go back to sleep quicker!

may i ask wot forum u go on? id be interested in havin a look
CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-01-2005, 10:42 PM
here is link :

http://www.nightterrors.org/ (good site with a message forum on it)

CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-01-2005, 10:43 PM
hope you find it helpful - I certainly found it a comfort to know im not the only one and reading through the messages helps you get support and tips to help deal with it
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2005, 10:46 PM
thanks cbt ur a star will take a look!
CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-01-2005, 10:47 PM
quoted from site : "Night terrors have been shown to appear in stage 4 of sleep. This is what separates them from nightmares which can occur anytime in sleep. It is possible to make a night terror occur in some people, simply by touching or awakening them during stage 4 of sleep. Why night terrors occur is still a mystery. The mind is supposed to be practically void during the deeper stages of sleep. The subject will awake gasping, moaning, crying but more often screaming. Breathing rapidly they will sit up in bed with a wide eyed terror filled stare. This panic will often last anywhere from five to twenty minutes.

I find the most amazing aspect of night terrors is that it generates a heart rate of 160 to 170 beats per minute. This is much faster than the normal heart rate that can be attained under most stressful circumstances."

have you ever had the racing heart thing? I get that quite bad and thats why I think I end up in the garden cos the cold on my bare feet seems to wake me up and bring me to my senses - it also slows my heart rate down.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2005, 10:48 PM
My eldest has night terrors on occasion although they have lessened as hes got older-
they are really scarey too
he will sit up and start talking and see things and when you speak to him he cant hear you It is weird
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2005, 10:56 PM
i dont notice my heart racing when i have a night terror, i get palpitations sometimes during the day tho. I usually have to turn the light on in order to wake myself up from it and sometimes cant sleep for ages cos im scared!!
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2005, 08:49 AM
I have had only twice in my life the feeling of falling and then my whole body jumping, which is scary.

And a few days after coming of hospital one night i punched Ian in his arm, i was dreaming or whatever that i had hit someone... i still don't know why i dreamt something like that.

But no night terrors
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Lel my son has also experienced these night terrors they are really scary the one episode i remember is hearing my son screaming and when i went to have a look what was going on he was standing at the top of the stairs screaming words i couldnt understand i then proceded to try and get him back in to his room away from the stairs where he sat on the floor crying that the train was going to crash he then started to point to the floor to try and show me the train there was nothing there obviously at this point i thought he had been drugged in his sleep the whole eppisode lasted about 5 minutes

I then read up on it and realised it was night terrors

This is a horrible thing to watch my son finds this hilarious the day after when i explain to him what he was doing but its definitely not funny at the time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >