Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 10:32 AM

My new bargain dining table... piccie for and thanks to my Sis Pat

Well, I was going to text you a picture but since I started a new O2 contract on Sunday my picture messaging have been mucked up. Sooooo as I know you'll lynch me if I don't finally get round to sending you a picture here it is.

Everyone, this is the dining table and chairs I bought on Ebay thanks to my sis Pat. It wasn't far from her and I was bit worried about bidding as so far from me but she convinced me to have a go as she would help. So I did.... and won!
In fact as Pat was watching she ended up buying something from the same seller too lol.

I went to Pat's and her lovely hubby Paul and I went in both our vehicles to collect my table and chairs. I managed to get the table and 3 chairs in my car and Paul took the other 5 chairs in his van. When I say 'I', I mean Paul and the two men at the house as I left them to do it with poor Paul having my car door shut on his hand by one of them.... and he nearly said a norty word lol.

Then lovely Paul drove the next day all the way to my house to deliver the chairs.... plus have a cuddle with Tonto and Inca and meet Charlie.

I plan to decorate this room and please excuse the OH's black laz-y-boy in the corner as I'll soon shift that lol.... but here is my bargain dining table and 8 chairs!
The cost???? £77

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 10:38 AM
WOW! That's fab, Becky!

Well done Pat and Paul
x0x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Looks great and is a lovely size

Nice on Pat and Paul, you are stars
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 11:20 AM
wow thats an absolute bargain!! You must be chuffed to bits with it!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 11:48 AM

There it is - in all its glory - it looks stunning, Becks!

It was quite funny wasn't it?
There was this dining set just 12 miles from me and Becks showed it to me -and what did I see? This man also had a Panasonic home cinema entertainment centre for sale - and we (Paul and I) bagged that for £30!
The day Becks came to pick the table and chairs up we had a lovely few hours together - Becks really is one of the loveliest people I've met --and I'm proud she considers me Sis *hugs*

Anyways, Becks, I'm glad I chivvied you up for a pic - because at least its there and useable now
You must be delighted!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Thats fab! Well done all rallying in together. x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 11:57 AM
...... your'e not gonna believe this Becky but...... it's the same as MINE!!!! I will post up a piccy later, but mine has two middle leaves which I don't put in otherwise it would end up 12ft long and I never have that many peops to dinner so at the moment it's at it's smallest. It's oak, same as yours, it's oval, same as yours, and it's gorgeous, same as yours, and I bought mine 2nd hand too but it was in a showhouse being used as a boardroom table and was never actually used, and I paid £40!!! Without chairs though, and sadly, my chairs are different to yours coz I had to buy them new, so I didn't get as good a bargain as you. I can't believe it coz these ovals are quite rare ya know, bit like us then???!!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 01:05 PM
It's lovely... and very, very heavy and solid as is actually built for a board room not a dining room. The top has a pale green line inlaid round the edge to match the chairs.
And Pat... I did all that myself

The room is currently magnoila but I am thinking of a pale, pale green emulsion and the far wall a feature wall with paper.

So, my dining room is finally a proper dining room

Oh and Pat is definitely the loveliest friend I have, even before she came on Dogsey and I must go and see her and lovely Paul again very soon x x x and lil madame Missy of course!

LMAO Helena! I should've just asked you what sort of table you had and looked for a match. Next time I need something for the house I'll ask you what you've got first lol..... oh I need a big mirror for that room to go over the radiator ; )
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 01:41 PM
You can have some good dinner parties round that baby thats for sure! X
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
It's lovely... and very, very heavy and solid as is actually built for a board room not a dining room. The top has a pale green line inlaid round the edge to match the chairs.
And Pat... I did all that myself

The room is currently magnoila but I am thinking of a pale, pale green emulsion and the far wall a feature wall with paper.

So, my dining room is finally a proper dining room

Oh and Pat is definitely the loveliest friend I have, even before she came on Dogsey and I must go and see her and lovely Paul again very soon x x x and lil madame Missy of course!

LMAO Helena! I should've just asked you what sort of table you had and looked for a match. Next time I need something for the house I'll ask you what you've got first lol..... oh I need a big mirror for that room to go over the radiator ; )
... and I have just the job, shall I post a piccy of that too then, coz I'm sure you'll just love it, and it's big, very big!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >