View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 07:49 PM

Need a new complete food... advice please...

I need some advice as to your experiences with complete food.

Both my dogs, one large, one small eat the same food that is down for them whenever they want. Neither are piggies and that works well.

They have a complete food, with lots of fresh veg scraps a day and the occassional tin of chappie.

They came to us on Bakers, which we changed as they are hyper enough.

Then we switched to Timberwolf, which was really good food, but we cannot get it imported anymore.

So I bought some Wainwright's from Pets at Home, but I didn't like the smell and I've noticed little beetles in their bowl which has now totally put me off! Bleugh!

So.... I'm thinking of James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange or Burns. Didn't want to go down the lines of Iams, etc.

I need a complete food which both dogs can handle, so kibble suitable for both.

I don't mind ordering online.

Cost doesn't really come into it, though don't go mad!

Inca, although a NI, has no intolerances though I would like to keep the food as natural as poss.

Tonto will eat anything and thrives on it.

Any suggestions?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Healthy Paws is what I feed my two. Its a new holistic food and they are doing well on it I think the website is healthypaws.co.uk. They deliver usually within a day or two.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Arden Grange it is made by a GSD breeder so the kibble is fine for big and small.
Becky
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Healthy Paws is what I feed my two. Its a new holistic food and they are doing well on it I think the website is healthypaws.co.uk. They deliver usually within a day or two.
Looks good, and you did us onto Timberwolf, but they only do rabbit flavour.... and although the dogs probably don't care I do like to feel I'm giving them a change.

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Arden Grange it is made by a GSD breeder so the kibble is fine for big and small.
Becky
I saw the website and like that they show you the size of their kibble, so am interested in that one in particular. Couldn't do the salmon variety as it was the salmon one of Wainwright's we had with beetles and it just gives me the heebee geebees now.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I give my boys Burns and have no complaints, they are doing really well on it and love it.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 06:15 AM
I use CSJ.... they have a range of various foods, with some different kibble sizes.

Max is on Champ! as he is very active, but there are other foods for more/less active dogs.

The website is http://www.csjk9.com
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 07:02 AM
All mine (big & small) will eat purina pro plan... and also Autarky.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 07:03 AM
We feed Burns. fudge is doing really well on it and there are lots of varieties.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 07:42 AM
I feed burns here, lots of different varieties!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Both of my dogs are on Burns complete chicken and brown rice, and have been for a while now. They are both thriving on it. No health problems and no skin irritations for my Westie.

James Wellbeloved is also good.

My Westie has also been on Arden Grange chicken and rice, which she also did fine on. It's slightly cheaper than Burns aswell. Not sure about the cost of James Wellbeloved, though these three are all similarly priced, I think.

Hope you find food suitable.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >