Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2021, 08:40 AM

Overcast Sunday Chat 30th May

Good morning everyone

House sale has stalled yet again. The solicitors seem to be very slow, not answering messages or the phone. They have said everything should be ready Tuesday but won't hold my breath. They have had an extra two months so don't think they should stall any longer

Overcast here this morning but dry. Teazle walked, veg done for lunch and apple crumbles made and ready to go in the oven. Nothing else planned

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2021, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

House sale has stalled yet again. The solicitors seem to be very slow, not answering messages or the phone. They have said everything should be ready Tuesday but won't hold my breath. They have had an extra two months so don't think they should stall any longer

Overcast here this morning but dry. Teazle walked, veg done for lunch and apple crumbles made and ready to go in the oven. Nothing else planned

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
There should be a "trip advisor" type of rating on solicitors; as they seem to believe themselves the above the employee employer relationship.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2021, 10:02 AM
Good morning all.

Already back from town as we were in at 9 am this morning. We were very lucky to get parked even at that time.

Gary in a strop, but nowt unusual there. At least 3 times a month he threatens to report me to his non-existent social worker, the police, the staff where he lives all because he hasn't got his own way or because he does something stupid and thinks it's all my fault

Sue, I think solicitors are nightmare. I'm having to push ours every few days to even start to see even the slightest movement. It's crazy.

Mix of weak sunshine and clouds this morning, but it looks like the sun may win out this afternoon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2021, 10:22 AM
Morning Sue, Kazz, Chris and all to follow.
Started off overcast but now sunny and warming up. We are off in a short while to see Mark and Lauren and see the nursery Mark has finished they have been sending pictures and it looks lovely.
We might take a stroll to the pub they did offer bbq food to in the garden but we explained we can't leave Dillon for to long, they did offer for him to come but if it's hot he will need shade and their garden has none and he wouldn't manage the walk to the pub.
I will be feeding him in a bit, set up his automatic feeder for 4.30 so he gets half of his tea before we get back at 5.30'sh.

I wonder if like everything else because of lock down and covid it has become an excuse to work slower.

Keep safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2021, 12:30 PM
Awwwww Chris, I am sure nobody would believe you would do anything wrong to Gary anyway, you do tonnes for him. Would have thought he would be a bit happier now he can mix with others.
Sue, ours drags her feet constantly too...we have had to threaten to contact her superior before now
Lynn, enjoy your time with Mark and Lauren
Kazz, I think there is generally reviews on Google about solicitors, they actually post both good and bad
Just attempted to paint some fence panels, I did two and called it quits, will do some more another day.
Was giggling at Steve earlier, he painted his fence the same colour as ours, it's very blue but so cheery. He hadn't really seen his neighbours and he was doing his back garden today.....he said his neighbour said it was like being at the beach and he just said that everyone goes for the boring grey, green burgundy etc and he wanted something different, she said they were having grey lol. Steve just said well even when it's chucking down and grey, my garden looks lovely and bright and cheers me up. She asked did Steve do 2 coats and Steve said yes he did, Sharon ( his neighbour) said her fella was going to have to go and buy some more as it was all patchy...he apparently bought cheap......he was trying to convince Steve to buy some cheap nasty stuff but I got my own way. I hadn't realised either, Steve had cut his neighbours front grass for them twice, he got back from work yesterday and the fella had done Sharon's front lawn but left Steve's.....I have told him not to do there's again then. Don't know why the guy is getting funny...Steve's done nothing wrong and I don't really see him and I don't talk to him just sort of say hi
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2021, 01:22 PM
Griff Nowt stranger than folk.

Chris My Aunt used to be the same if I said "No" to eatign all four chocolate eclairs at a sitting she was always going to "tell one me" to my Mom...God Bless them both.

Lynn Suspect you have gone but have a lovely afternoon in the garden I can hear people having visitors and its lovely "life again"

Sue Snap I have made apple crumble for my brother and he has just been round to fetch his.....

Brenda Hope you are having a lovely day by the seaside, by the sea.

Lovey day here really nice now fetched the washing in before my first post as thought Aghhnooooooooo rain which it did for 1/2 hour or so now gorgeous. I am in the garden and happy as Larry have missed being out in the garden.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Kazz, we didn't get any rain here, luckily !! it's scorchio, have hosed Kota down twice
Steve called earlier, his neighbour bought a cheap fence sprayer and started spraying his fence.... it's gone all over Steve's lovely fence! To the point that the whole lot now needs repainting, Steve was putting the bamboo screening up and he ended up covered in grey paint too, luckily he hadn't got a top on. I was very very proud of him because instead of losing it, he just said..... thanks a lot, I need to repaint the whole of my fence and gate and you have sprayed paint all over me! Then walked backed into the house, usually he would have done his nut. Steve's upset about the fence as I bought the paint and it's very very expensive, I just told him not to worry, we could get some more if needs be.....I don't understand why his neighbour didn't just ask him to hang a tarp over the fence to protect it. Massive mistake in spraying it, I did one out of 3 of our fences with a sprayer and even with a good quality paint it needs doing after 2 years yet the other 2 fences painted with a brush are fine
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2021, 05:44 PM
I have been waiting on tenterhooks for my daughter in America to have babies and she's had nine. It's true ask Kelly she's seen em.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2021, 05:52 PM
Got back home about 5.30 so far so good Dillon seems fine.
We took the little Peugeot, roof down driving over and roof down driving back.
Had a lovely afternoon Joel and Tia were there to.

Oh gawd griff what a pain about the fence I would of been livid.
Glad you enjoyed the garden Kazz
Congratulations on the 9 pups to your daughter brenda.
Hope Gary's in a better mood Chris.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2021, 08:35 PM
I have seen them, they are soooooooo cute and the mum is pretty too!
Lynn, sounds like you had a really nice time and yes...... fuming is definitely the word, he is still wound up now. The thing that's bothering him is obviously the unnecessary expense but also the fact that he has to waste some of his time off, he doesn't often get two days together and he spent today cutting his grass, weeding, putting up the bamboo screening and he thought he would just be able to sit there and enjoy his garden in the sun......he will most likely be out at 7am painting it lol.
I sat in the garden for a little bit with the dogs ..I have caught the sun, I stupidly hosed Kota down as she was hot, this resulted in the zoomies...not wise and the pair of them have decided that she is well enough to be wrestling....put an end to that.....sharpish! Can't see my parents being pleased returning home to a paralysed dog
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >