Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 06:14 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 13th August 2020

Good morning everyone , hope you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, take care and please stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 07:31 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Dont worry about the negative feedback Brenda as they are usually time wasters just being nosey. When selling the kennels we had a family keep trying to buy but on their terms. Also it was only 3 bedrooms (well 2 and a box room really) and there would be six in the family so where they were going to fit was anyones guess

Another hot day in the offing after overnight rain which will have done a bit of good for the gardens.

Hope all are well

Hve a good day and say safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 09:19 AM
Morning, I just find it frustrating when they can see from the photos and where the house is. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2020, 11:02 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, brenda and all who follow.
Much cooler here today hopefully no sleeping on the sofas for us tonight.
Bit annoyed this morning Dillon wanted a cobi walk today bit of road and then up the path over the bridge onto the park home. We were coming up the path and a guy with a smallish terrier type breed tucked himself in the corner so we could get onto the stairs.
The little dog pulled towards Dillon so Gorden asked if it was friendly and ok for them to greet, yes he's ok the guy said next thing it napped at Dillons face. Luckily Dillon moves backwards quickly.
The guy then says he isn't always keen on big dogs and sometimes smaller dogs. Sorry about that.
So in fact your dog isn't ok with other dogs at all so why not say and not allow it to greet when asked if friendly.
Dillon is fine by the way no scars physically or mentally.

Enjoyed yesterday afternoon at Michael and Margaret's he had his gazebo up and although shady very hot still.
Gorden kept Dillon cool home here by constantly making sure he had his cool wet towel on.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Lynn there is always one. Have any of you noticed that when we as a country were in proper lockdown no funny phone calls? Now they are being a pain in the proverbial. Mutter mutter. And no I haven't got a phone that tells me the number. I just know by the time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2020, 11:57 AM
Always brenda. Thing is they say he will eat you for breakfast, referring to Dillon I quickly retort back now he is a laid back boy and is more frightened of your little dog than the other way round.
The one this morning would of eaten Dillon for breakfast given the chance.
Thankfully we meet a lot of little dogs who are lovely and love a meet and greet with him.
I just get annoyed when people say it's ok and then it isn't and clearly know that, think most of us at the moment are on tenterhooks after the puppy being badly attacked on the park.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 12:04 PM
I always found it frustrating when some of the owners that came to us for training would say 'it would teach them a lesson'. Er know it won't. I am good these days and keep quiet. by!! Bless your furry bear.♥️
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 01:52 PM
Good afternoon all.

Cool here too - lovely

It must be the day for it Lynn. The travellers are in town. They parked on one car park and the council got a very quick eviction notice because one of their dogs bit two people. This is the main shopping centre car park. The travellers moved to the car park across the road. We had to cross it this morning. A dog ran out, we stood still. It barked and barked and barked. I had Rosie picked up and in my arms with my back turned to it. One of the travellers shouted at it and it paused so we slowly moved off. It got hold of Dave's trousers and shook. The guy shouted again and the dog quieted and the dog saw another guy (in shorts) walking past us. It followed him about 3 or 4 yards then nipped the guy's calf. It got a kick for it's trouble so backed off and targetted a guy walking down with a dog. All this time the traveller was shouting. All this time the dog took no notice. Not once did the guy leave his chair to restrain the dog.

We won't be walking across the car park again while they are there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Goodness Chris what a worry. I honestly do not understand some humans mentalities.
Oooh brenda don't get me started on that one. When we lived in Harlow and had Ollie we had a small picket fence round our garden. The woman across the way had a Siberian husky puppy and walked it down the path she was drunk and Ollie had a go at it through the fence he was unwell and hadn't tolerated dogs for a while.
I called him away and her response was that will teach him. So I gave her a lesson on not starting a puppy out with negative interactions.
She did listen and and give her her due she did take advice on using a harness without the use of an extendable lead, that could be because she allowed her puppy to jump over everyone who walked with or without a dog on the field and a guy who used to walk his collie almost got garroted when it managed to jump up him and wind the lead around his neck. She was stone cold sober at the time to.
He had a big mark round his neck so that combination and explaining to her if it did it near a road her children use to walk him to they would all be hit.
She also listened when the the local dog whisperer said let him off and he got lost for 2 hours chasing a deer. the rest of us said you need to learn not to take any notice of him and do as we advised never let him off again we did warn you.
It frightened the life out of her and her husband and family for 2 hours thankfully she listened to the rest of us and giver her due she walked and the family took turns to walk him 3-4 times a day for at least 2 hours each day. When old enough.
I still cannot help myself sometimes and tend to walk away thinking oh dear done it again and given a lecture.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Cool here too - lovely

It must be the day for it Lynn. The travellers are in town. They parked on one car park and the council got a very quick eviction notice because one of their dogs bit two people. This is the main shopping centre car park. The travellers moved to the car park across the road. We had to cross it this morning. A dog ran out, we stood still. It barked and barked and barked. I had Rosie picked up and in my arms with my back turned to it. One of the travellers shouted at it and it paused so we slowly moved off. It got hold of Dave's trousers and shook. The guy shouted again and the dog quieted and the dog saw another guy (in shorts) walking past us. It followed him about 3 or 4 yards then nipped the guy's calf. It got a kick for it's trouble so backed off and targetted a guy walking down with a dog. All this time the traveller was shouting. All this time the dog took no notice. Not once did the guy leave his chair to restrain the dog.

We won't be walking across the car park again while they are there

Bloody hell
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >