Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 09:45 AM

Blood Brothers - Theatre

For my mums 60th we went to see Blood Brothers at the Bristol Hippodrome.

WOW!!! the music was super the acting incredible and a fabulous emotional story - and yes I did cry at the end!!!

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?
Warro
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I saw it (eek!) 23 years ago at the Liverpool Empire - two of the McGann brothers were in it and Willy Russell was narrating (though it was supposed to be John Conteh but he had laryngitis the night we went).

It was fantastic, the story, the acting, it was just brilliant. i've always wanted to go and see it again.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Ooo brilliant!

I went to London with a boyfriend about 8 years ago, we went to get a ticket from the booths where you get them on the day. Blood Brothers was one of the choices but he wouldn't see it. We ended up seeing HMS Pinafore, which was ok but not what I wanted to see, hence why he is now an ex lol.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 03:21 PM
My sister has seen it 3 times!!! I would see it again too tomorrow as it moved me so much - the narrator was so scarey but superb - Marti Webb played the lead - but can't find who played the narrator he had a hugely powerful voice.

The music was so moving just beautiful and well sang x