Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2022, 01:47 PM

Tuesday 24/5.22

Good afternoon everyone. Funny weather here sunny then downpours gave up washing on airer and sheets in tumble dryer.
Feeling loads better now been quite under the weather and tired.
Also been busy looking at the possibility of a camper van but our price range not so good, so we have ended up with a large tent one of the one's you pump up.
Went to Sutton on Tees last weekend to the Leofest and to see our friend who has a Bernese and went to cart.
Plus met a breeder and their dogs. Watch this space next year.
We start Freya sitting twice a week next week.

Oooh brenda thinking of moving ? Hope it all works out.
Hope everyone else is well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2022, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon Lynn and all

Bit of a mixed bag weatherwise here too, but no rain. Sunny one minute and looks like the heavens will open the next but not rained yet. The wind has picked up this afternoon though

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well Lynn. I'm sure the prospects of a cute and cuddly puppy is cheering you up though
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2022, 02:09 PM
Pleased to hear you are feeling better Lynn. Not sure about moving. My head says not but my heart says only if I can have a pet and garden. Thunderstorm here but looks like it is clearing now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2022, 02:18 PM
Thank you Chris.
Mixed feelings at the moment about a puppy when I'm with my friends and their Bernese I know that's what we need around again, when home doubts creep in.
Got a while yet. Our friend said if given enough notice she would come to the house to look after said puppy/dog if we decide to go to Madrid for a few days again so happy with that and another friend runs a daily home visit service so could ask her if we were out at friends or family for a day to pop in.
Both Bernese owners so would put my mind at rest that they would know the signs of bloat and live locally so know where our vet is.

I guess you look brenda and if you feel it's right go for it. I too miss a dog around.
We had our bungalow valued a couple of weeks ago and were surprised so had a look around one house had a mooring and Gorden would like to get a boat again.
House was so small stairs same as Upwell before Gorden changed them felt like climbing Snowdon. Parking a nightmare so we decided not to bother we like it here and have the park next door and station 5 minutes away.
Something else would have to be pretty special. Plus everything is by online auction now and we can't be doing with that hassle.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Afternoon all
Pleased you feel better Lynn.... provided you have good neighbours....stay put!!!
Brenda, the right place will pop up at the right time
Chris, same here, went to the drs.... piddling down, big coat on and then it's lovely and sunny and I am sweating!!
Lost weight again, from 79.6 to 79 kg
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2022, 03:17 PM
Hi griff yes a lot to be said for good neighbours funny thing was we mentioned that.
Couldn't go through the nightmare of neighbours from hell again not at our ages.
We will be staying put now Gorden bought a lovely cream Fleur-De-Lys garden arch with his garden vouchers bought by his colleagues when he retired, that entails moving the pond, which we have hd big ideas about so we will be staying put.

Sorry you are still losing weight griff have you been given any indication as to why or is it still a mystery ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2022, 04:53 PM
Lol....I need to Lynn! I gained a load of weight very suddenly, so been on a diet since start of march...I have only lost about half a stone lol
We get on pretty much o.k with one side, no major issues and tbh....we are friends now too, we try to help out as much as we can where we can.
Just cooked chilli for Steve and my dad, got some beef mince reduced in Sainsbury's so as Steve isn't doing so great at the moment....I decided he n eds proper food, not ready made crap
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2022, 05:44 PM
Well don't lose too much.
Sorry to hear Steve isn't doing so well, good job he has you to look out for him.
Glad you get on with one set of neighbours, guessing the trouble makers haven't been evicted yet ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2022, 08:29 PM
Oh gosh Lynn... thinking I need to send an email to update you!
I need to lose at least one more stone!!! I just said I need to buy smaller jeans but then I thought...nah! Put a belt on!