Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2022, 07:36 AM

Wrinkly Wednesday 18th May 2022

Must stop looking in mirror. Sign of getting older. I won't say old. Hope you all have a good day. Well done Kelly. I am still trying, yep very trying. Nope you are keeping me on track. Off for my walk. byee
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2022, 08:36 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Hope you enjoyed your walk.

I agree with the mirror, it is not me I am looking at is it

Out early with Teazle and then the early morning run to Ben"s. Back again this afternoon and then staying there until he gets back from work.

Hope all are well. Take care
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2022, 12:52 PM
Good afternoon all

A lovely morning although not as warm as yesterday. A bit overcast which kept it nice

I agree, once you get to 'a certain age', mirrors are definitely not our friend. That old woman looking at back at me is surely my mam or gran

Is it just me that sees the standard of driving falling every day? Honestly, it's like being at the funfair in the dodgems trying to avoid some of them. Add to that that they have just got here and are rubbernecking at anything and everything and it's a nightmare at times
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2022, 05:42 PM
Evening all
I got stung twice by a honey bee, I tried to get them out of the bathroom and one vanished, went up my dress and stung me twice. Looked out the back and there was a massive swarm over my 2 neighbours, she said it was in the house next doors Garden and that the tenant had called pest control....I said they couldn't be killed as they are honey bees and I know they don't speak so how would she know the tenant had called pest control?? The more bizarre thing was I went to town, came back and there was no bee to be seen but no pest control had been and the woman at the end was hanging out the window.....I think they have killed them...I am beyond angry, if I could prove it, I would report them!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2022, 06:47 PM
Pest control wouldn't kill them they would collect and let them go elsewhere. Had this problem up the park sometime ago. Yes they are protected.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2022, 08:16 PM
I know Brenda, mum works for the council and had to deal with pest control calls, when I said that it wasn't pest control that was needed but a bee keeper ( our pest control don't collect swarms) to collect them as they are protected and can't be killed, she just sort of went " oh". I honestly believe they have killed them...I am not happy, she's the one who said that she spoke to next door about rats and mice and he apparently said to her "you treat them as there's no problems" and to quote her "the mice were dancing round his feet".....add that to my list of things that never happened lol. She also threw rat poison into next doors Garden and some ended up in my garden with the dog getting it. I swear our house is literally the only one with an ounce of common sense when it comes to animals
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2022, 09:38 PM
Ouch, I be that hurts Kelly. When I was a kid of about 14 we were going over the stepping stones across a small stream at Rivelin Valley in Sheffield and I got stung under my arm. I've also had a sting at the top of my leg. They hurt like the devil. I've been phobic about bees and wasps ever since.

We were in Mablethorpe a few years ago and I heard the tell tale buzzing around the back of my head. Swung my handbag around and hit a guy in the face. He saw the funny side when my hubby explained just how phobic I am of them.

Funnily enough, I haven't used a handbag much since
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2022, 09:44 PM
Lol Chris.....I would have died laughing seeing that!
I have been stung a few times.... usually wasps and it hasn't happened since I was at school but I am deffo having a reaction, tbh.....if I get by a mozzie or gnat I end up having to get medical help too. I was going to go down to the walk in centre but it would be getting close to closing by the time I got there. It's red hot, very sore and is about the size of a grapefruit ( width) I have taken another piriton so I shan't die overnight. If it's bad tomorrow I will see if the chemist can help...I have a blood test and then the vets with deags tomorrow afternoon