Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
she's really enjoying herself isn't she
so glad you started this diary Steph
although i have never met her I feel as if I know her well..
if you know what I mean
when we next come to Runcorn, you must meet her, she is a demon, but with the most beautiful eyes.....she could melt the heart of anyone in her wake
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
when we next come to Runcorn, you must meet her, she is a demon, but with the most beautiful eyes.....she could melt the heart of anyone in her wake
I'd love to meet her, although if it's going to be in the next month or so I probably wouldn't be able to make it
our house has subsidence so we have to move out for a while.

Shelley told me about her eyes
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 07:07 AM
I am so loving this diary Steph!! Tess is a right nutter!! But I am disappointed with one thing... no pics!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
I am so loving this diary Steph!! Tess is a right nutter!! But I am disappointed with one thing... no pics!!
yea I thought about that but then I usually end up trying to sort things out and forget camera etc., LOL
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2010, 11:13 AM
OMG at the rat I think i'd have ran screaming out the door, that would deffinately of been a "Petes Job" in this house lol. ewwww even the thought of it makes me tremble.
Tess is so funny, xxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
OMG at the rat I think i'd have ran screaming out the door, that would deffinately of been a "Petes Job" in this house lol. ewwww even the thought of it makes me tremble.
Tess is so funny, xxxx
Me too....I really do not like wild rats
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Day 8.

Tess's learning curve is definately better in the morning...when she is all bright and bushy eyed

She is learning ''here'' to perfection, so proud of her
We have worked with the front door opening (as its like a revolving door here) and she has got the hang of ...door opens, she comes to me and sits

Pats been helping with that training by going out to the car every so often and we've spent alot of time training that ...... so by-gove she has got it

She won't be trust though not to be watched but the fact that the other 3 do not venture out is something she has picked up too

She is calming down now and takes rests during the day often sleeping on the window seat with Bruce or lying by someones feet, and she knows when playtime is with the others, so another positive point for her

She knows when walk time is too................. always fasinates me how they know that
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 05:42 PM
The afternoon has been wonderful, Shelley the girl who looked after her in kennels can rest in peace, as Tess is a absolute pleasure to train
We have had a houseful today and with all the comings and going she has been wonderful, waiting and sitting everytime when the front door opened, all the biting of peoples ankles has now all stopped (this started to lessen a few days ago and now stopped ) and she is the gentlest of pups with the kids, and the biting of hands has stopped too....she remembered all the teaching.
She has been the star of the show and the grandkids have been busy cuddling upto her, and she them.

She thoroughly enjoyed the picnic on the floor surrounded by kids....so did Bruce Skye and Reah and only had to be told ''No'' twice, when she tried to take off thier plates...
She is a really intelligent pup and we have been so proud of her this afternoon

So after everyone had gone, just to show us that the real Tess was still with us......she went out in the garden and came in with the whole of her head soaked just found out what she is doing....shoving her head into the pond Pats going to see to the frame/wired over after tea

Still we had a good laugh at her....snorkle Tess
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Oh Tess I just knew you would not let us all down, your such a star...well done hunny.

well done to you too sis xxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Day 9

A few days gone by since my last report, thats because we have been training in ratting.
We thought that the chickens were to blame at one point, but have been talking to a neighbour that assures us that since some building work has taken place on waste ground they have been everywhere..........even sleeping in his dogs kennel The council are sorting things...apparantly in the meantime Bruce Skye and Tess are fastly becoming ratters...all JRT's in disguise. Bruce is a born natural, Skye a born protector of her hens (hates any rats near them) and Tess fastly becoming game for anything.

However in true clumsiness style she has been known to crash into Bruce a few times and in all her excitment bring him down with a thud However Bruce is learning to jump over her and give the odd body swerve, so things are panning out

She has learnt to give her paw realised where the biscuit barrel is and has gone on to jumping on the window seat with Bruce when the front door opens, where she waits .

She was obcessed with the kids next door when they kicked the football, running up and down the garden like a wild thing, but at last we have broken her of that by working with treats and ''Leave'', so now when she is in the garden or we are out she has finally realised that she can not join in on the football games

However night times around 8 is time for zoomies and rough and tumbles with Bruce....he encourages her and she him, tugs of war with chews and toys and who can stretch the sock from the washing basket

She has took to eating poo something puppies seem to really enjoy her house training is still hit and miss....hit when outside and miss inside (yes she is a little miss) the array of flower arranging is still on hand when she feels I need a bunch, but not happy with pulling them up she still insists that I have the whole thing...roots and all

The garden shed is often rearranged for me, dragging out alsorts of stuff when I am gardening, and me often found saying ''No Tess'' and when I am cleaning out the chucks and furries, she runs round and round with a mouthful of hay stuffed in her gob
We wormed her yesterday and before I could pop it in her food she had it and it was gone, being a robust type of dog she has had no side effects, but then I think she has a stomach like a waste disposal tank

She is learning not to steal off the coffee table now, but still stands up and snuffles the work surfaces....work in hand on that one.
Luckily Pat had covered the pond now with mess and that has stopped her snorkling in there.

She has found that is she stands on the sofa she can look through the window and watch you in the kitchen....something that she absolutely delights in doing, and if you call her when your in the kitchen.....you will suddenly see her face looking through the glass at you, and her tail wags like mad....she thinks she is a clever s*d
Page 11 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »