Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Vets issue Animal vaccine health warning BBC News

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3588457.stm
Very interesting and just shows why we as owners should take responsibility to titre test our dogs before just routinely vaccinating.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 10:33 PM
That was posted on the 1st April 2004!
Becky
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Yes but I hadn't seen it before and found it interesting and i thought there may be others who hadn't seen it and would like to.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Titre testing ONLY measures circulating antibodies NOT immunity levels, that is "memory cells" and they cant be measured. You will get a high score/level if the dog has come into contact with one of the diseases it has been vaccinated against, but a low score does NOT mean it has no immunity, just that the body has not triggered an immune response as it hasnt been necessary.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks Borderdawn, saves me saying it again.
However I feel a bit down that other people don't seem to want to absorb this fact. Perhaps it is over too many peoples heads - which is why most dogs should be vaccinated, people need to be told what to do most are not capable of making the desicion, which is fair.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Its MUCH bigger than vaccine costs Jess, Vets love it! they are raking it in!!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I know.

As I said for some reason it is convincing the rest of us. People want to believe in the good, want to believe that there is no way that pet food companies (as an example) would put the things in their foods as they do (like copper sulphate as a preservative!) (even in blinking james wellbeloved) but unfortunatly it happens. Money is the root of all evil as they say. I think what is most important is that slowly, very slowly things are beginning to surface.

Are you a member of Canine Health Concern Borderdawn?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 10:16 AM
No jess Im not, seems interesting though?
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 10:32 AM
You should join. She just does loads of research all the time and has contacts in government, vet assocation and homeopathic assocation.... she sends the info out as newletters and it's all valuable.
She is a good arguer too as she has all the evidence BACKED by good vets and scientific studies.
It's not jsut about the dogs either, alot of this is the same in the human world (doctors etc) but I am guessing I am preaching to the converted already!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
Thanks Borderdawn, saves me saying it again.
However I feel a bit down that other people don't seem to want to absorb this fact. Perhaps it is over too many peoples heads - which is why most dogs should be vaccinated, people need to be told what to do most are not capable of making the desicion, which is fair.
Who the hell do you think you are, how dare you make such arrogant and sweeping statements, first over food now over this, do you think you're the only person on this board who is trained in the sciences? Do you think that no-one else is capable of making their own mind up when it comes to their dogs?
You really need an attitude check Jess because you seem to think you are far superior to anyone else on this board and I've only seen a few of your posts.
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >