Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 04:34 PM

'devil dogs' & animal planet?

is any one else really annoyed at this headline in the news of the world today?

i am raelly thinking of writing in to the idiot that wrote this!

there are actually more cases of smaller dogs biting each year that big dogs!

i havent read the hole story yet but where were the owners of the dog in all of this?

i am really annoyed! i was watching miami police rescue the other day and the main cop guy got bit by a scared rotti who had not been around people and was left in a lock up with a chain around its neck. he refused to have it put down, even after training it bit him again, it was scared and believed it was a dominant dog who had to protect whoever it was. after 2 bites they worked with it more and it just goes to show you that what the owner did to it made it like this this dog wasnt born this way!

whats wrong with some people?! does anyone else watch these programme on animal planet? the one with the dog who had a toe chain round its neck that god imbedded 2inchs down....why have the dog? they never fed it? and this other women had 8 dogs chained up outside her house...... she never fed them why have them? why have a dog if you tie it up outside?!

or the one with the dog that had so many litters a year when it couldnt have no more and was nearly blind they left it to die, and it was really ill

i really want a dog but i know i cant have one at this moment in time, yet these people just go and get them and treat them like crap, and people wonder why dogs attack people..........

OH! there is also these people selling there puppies online akita / rotti cross for like £400, i emailed them and asked them why they let there cross pets breeds? why?! you know its just for the money

sorry just had to moan!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
i now what you mean i watch them and think the people out there have a hard time trying to sort it but they have more power out there than our rspca and they get backing from the police more than ours do. i have sat watching these programes and i cry to see what happens to the dogs.

i feel for them all
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 04:41 PM
please dont get me started on animal planet and the media

the rspca, peta, animal planet, dogs today magazine etc are also anti bull breed, its shame it has got this far
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I read this news of the World article and it was not objectivly written,but then-you couldnt expect the gutter press to do anything different.They like all other tabloids and other news agencys have little intrest in the publics welfare and only their pockets.

The chances of any goverment listening to trash papers like these is pretty low..!
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I used to watch animal planet but find it to upsetting for me
As for the news of the world i dont expect any more from such a paper,they have always been anti-rotties

sarah
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I also saw this article today, I bought it and read it (until I got too annoyed to continue!) and promptly placed it on the floor by the back door......where my two puppies are being trained to go "hurry up"!!!!! It gave me a sense of satisfaction anyway!

On almost every occasion of dogs attacking, it has been on private property, they have been guarding their territory! For example I saw an article about a child who was killed by 5 rotties who were apparently "lying in wait" however, the child jumped over the wall into the yard to "hide from his friend". How were the dogs supposed to know that a ten year old lad was simply playing a joke - all they did was defend their owner/property, it is tragic that it ended how it did.....but I think that the dogs are getting blamed far too much.....where is the blame for the parents of the children?!
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-10-2006, 09:18 PM
THE News of the World today demands a change in Britain's law making dog owners criminally liable for ANY attack by their animals, wherever it happens.

Under current legislation, the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, they only face prosecution—with fines up to £5,000 and up to two years' jail—if an attack occurs on public land or a place where the dog should not have been in the first place.

Incidents on the owner's property are excluded and the vast majority of attacks go unprosecuted.

The simple change we demand will put the onus on owners to ensure their animals are well trained, well behaved and safe to be around—which responsible dog-lovers already do anyway.

All prosecutions would still have to be deemed in the public interest so court time would not be wasted if, for example, a family pet bites a burglar

I don't see any problem with the above
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 09:46 PM
didnt the boys parents own the dog? and it was on there property? (it was her ex husbands? - tell me if im wrong i read it this morning!)

well then...they were responciable for the attack....therefore would be fined £5000..... and get 2 years in jail.......??
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I know just how you feel, I get very annoyed about this too.

It is never the dogs fault, people seem to 'forget' a dog does not have the intelligence and comprehension of 'right' and 'wrong' as we do.

I really do think more should be done to protect dogs and other animals, there really should be restrictions on who can get dogs.
Alot of people get dogs without seriously understanding the commitment they are getting into, like the saying goes a dogs for life...

I agree with you when you say whats the point of getting a dog to keep it chained up outside, I dont understand how people who mistreat any animal could live with thierselves...
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi Kyektulu can i just ask you how you find your dogs?? i have always loved them but not sure if there for us.....?! your pup looks lovely!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >