View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Good question Pamela I am looking at insurance too for Bella would have gone Axa but as has been said they appear to be moving out of pet insurance so thinking of reverting to my old favourite PETPLAN. Not cheap but good value and they pay out have no hidden isues I have ever found. Go for life is my tip and Petplan do do discounts or used to for multi pet households used to have Sal and the cats on and then Sal Tess and the cats.

Edited to say just emailed petplan to ask if the price for Bella will increase as she is a rescue? and cannot verify a 5 year history
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 05:29 PM
I have vets medicover. £10,000 lifetime cover and they do direct payment our vets are happy to use them and so was the vet school.
Very polite and helpful and cheaper than Pet plan we could not stretch to the pet plan prices.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Just tried vets medicover and they are more expensive than petplan.....on the face of it. Will have to check out on rescues.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 05:45 PM
For us Pet plan were very expensive per month £90 for the cheapest cover. Vets medicover is half the price.
Dillon is a big dog though and Bernese are known for their health issues.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Interesting.......just going to look into them and wait for replies regarding rescues.

Its hard to find an insurance I liked Axa. But have to say never had an issue with petplan and with lots going belly up ....hmmm a weekend work I think
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 06:19 PM
I find finding insurance for the dog or cars or the house so time consuming.
Dillon will stay with vets medicover as he is covered now for his hips and the histyio although it was benign they will keep him covered elsewhere would now exclude the problems.
So that's one off my my list.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 07:19 PM
I always had M&S for milo, shady and kyiro and they always paid very promptly without question. They would text you when they recieved the claim form and then you would recive payment within 2-7 days after that. I claimed thousands with each of them too.
I wish I had put Lily with them but I put her with Animal friends because they were cheaper but they have disputed everything.
I now wonder if its worth keeping her insured with them as I have to pay £95 excess and then 35% of the total bill because she is 8 years old, so it still leaves me unable to afford anything that was going to be big and expensive and thats if they will pay up.
icemaiden123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I would insure your puppy before the 4 weeks free insurance runs out. Many of the insurance companies have a period of approx 14 days from first day of insurance where the pet won't be covered, so I always advise that people "overlap" an old insurance with a new one so should you need to claim you will still be covered by at least one of the insurers.
pamela81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2013, 01:32 PM
we have recieved the confirmation of the 4weeks insurance form petplan and will renew it on the 10th which they have advised is the last day for it. Trying to hold back as the cats insurance is due up on the 21st august but i need to wait to renew theirs until my claim for 1 of them is sorted. Even if im still waiting for them to pay out for the cat, can i still transfer it elsewhere when it ends or do i have to stick with them until its sorted?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2