Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2007, 07:55 PM

Jake's Diary.. Visitors...

It was a great weekend we had. Dad took us away in the car on Saturday. We were really looking forward to our walk and Dad had kept us waiting for ages before we eventually went to the car. We headed off at last and were just looking forward to our walk, when suddenly Dad just parked up the car and sat waiting. Charlie and I were really annoyed coz we just wanted to get going on our walk, but Dad told us we were waiting for someone, that just made us curious.
We didn't have long to wait though as Laura's car drew up and we could see Tikaani in the back. We were dead excited now but had to wait till we drove across town to the beach before we could see him properly.
Then when we got there it took ages to park because Dad had forgot about the football match being on. Celtic were playing Aberdeen, apparently thats a big game and all the spaces were taken up because the stadium is so close to the beach.
We managed to get parked eventually though, and then came error number two from Dad, the tide was almost in. We were still able to play for a while though and it was great to see Tikaani again, seemed like ages since we last played together.
In the end though we decided to drive again, to the riverside walk this time. Was much better there, we were able to run around a bit more and also we stopped at the pub and got a fuss from the girl there. Dad and Laura had a drink and Charlie and I mooched a little bit from the top of Dads pint. Soon we went home and had a nice quiet evening lazing around on the floor.

Dad and Laura had a nice roast dinner, it smelled good and we hoped we'd get some that was left over. Then they watched a DVD and drank some booze while we lazed around on the floor. Bedtime was a bit of a chore, we had to make room for Tikaani and he's a big lad so it took a little while for us all to settle.
In the morning all three of us charged through to wake Dad, we were ready for our breakfast and also excited about where we might go today. It took a while to convince Dad and Laura to get up, but eventually they did.
Charlie was in right trouble though coz he nicked some toast off the kitchen unit, Dad was not amused.
We went to Balmedie beach. It's great there, loads of sand dunes and a great beach, we had a great time. That is after I had my turn of being in trouble for running off. I only wanted to say hello to another dog, but Dad was not amused and made me walk on the lead for a little while. Soon though we were all off and playing in the sand and on the dunes. Big tough Tikaani hadn't been so keen on the big waves yesterday though, he loves the water but not the big waves. But today he was a little braver and started to follow us out. We had loads of fun.

As we walked along the beach we saw loads of other dogs. It was such a nice day that every one had came out. We played ball for a while, as usual Charlie was showing off coz he's the best at fetching the ball. We all had fun trying to beat him though, sometimes we didn't even bother trying to get the ball. Instead we let Charlie run for the ball then we just brought him down on his way back. Either that or Tikaani and me would rough around on the beach sand while Charlie played fetch with Dad and Laura. Either way it was great fun.

Time seemed to pass really quick, seemed like we'd only just got there and it was time to go. We walked back around the dunes and found a big huge puddle, it was more like a lake than a puddle and we had great fun playing there while Dad and Laura had to walk all the way round it.

All too soon though we were on our way back to the car and ready to go. Dad and Laura left us to snooze in the car while they went and had lunch. Then we took Laura and Tikaani back to their car so they could head for home. Was sad to see them go coz we'd had such fun together, but Dad says they'll be back next weekend and for longer so we're looking forward to that, it'll be great fun, specially if it's nice weather again.

Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Sounds like a good weekend, but i have noticed a theme with jakes pics, always one with a stick.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2007, 07:58 PM
He's a stick addict... he loves em lol
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Also, not be to mad at the toast theif, all mine have done that, like a right of passage.
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey Jake, really glad you all had a good weekend.
Sounds like a big adventure when Takaani comes to visit.
Bet you're looking forward to next weekend now tho.
More beach and maybe some hills for you all this time.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Hoping for a trip to the Cairngorms if the weather is good
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey Jake, you'll have to remind your dad, there's a web-site that'll tell him when the tide's in!
Glad you all had a nice time.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 12:23 AM
wonderful pics...Fudge is a little tired right now to write her doggy diary. She`s hoping to see the Scottish duo in the morning for a last play. Great when dogs just run and play.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Albeit Feb 18th it really was a beautiful hot day even on the north east coast of Scotland. Tikaani slept all the way home and cant wait to meet his new young 'bro's' next weekend. Cheers Lads.xxx
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Looks like a great weekend was had by all. some great piccy's there Ian. the lad's all look like they enjoyed that walk.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >