View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
clairetaylor89
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanx folks, He well deserves a hurl on the bus and I would definitely take him again. He loved every minute of it as well as the 1 on 1 attention. wee sook. lol.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by clairetaylor89 View Post
I took Jake on the bus today for a short journey so as I could pick up an application form. He was so well behaved and lay down the whole way . On the way back he did exactly the same but the people sitting behind me moved away with a disgusted look on their face. It wouldnt of been so bad if he was jumping around but he just lay down quietly the whole way.
Oi.. what you doing taking my wee baby on the bus

Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Claire you should have stuck your nose in the air and held your head high, what a good wee fella he was, it is their prob not yours, and hes as much entitled to a hurl on the bus as any one.
A "hurl" on the bus... not heard that for years... my Ma used to say that..
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I'd rather sit next to a well behaved (or even poorly behaved!)dog on a bus than a kid pickin its nose, screaming and carrying on.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Perypooh,
Never mind kids, what a nightmare it is to sit next (or even near) a group of teenagers, swearing, spitting, fighting, and hardly able to speak properly. I've only had the misfortune to be in that situation a few times in my life, but every time is etched on my memory.

I think more people should take their dogs on buses & trains.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-02-2007, 12:45 PM
A couple of years ago I took Tawney on the train to Blackpool so we could attend a Ute Society Show.
On that train (even at 10.30am!!!) there were some young lads who had quite clearly been on the 'pop', in fact they were still on the 'pop' and were also smoking - the train manager totally ignored this by the way!!!
One of them spent the entire journey (about an hour) trying to get Tawney to come over to him. She sat and stared at him as if he had run mad, and every so often turned to look at me as though to say 'tut tut, and the sun not over the yardarm yet!!!' She also somehow managed to convey the raised eyebrows over to me!!!
I thought it was really funny to be honest, the lad was totally humiliated by this dog who refused to even acknowledge his existence!!!!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
A couple of years ago I took Tawney on the train to Blackpool so we could attend a Ute Society Show.
On that train (even at 10.30am!!!) there were some young lads who had quite clearly been on the 'pop', in fact they were still on the 'pop' and were also smoking - the train manager totally ignored this by the way!!!
One of them spent the entire journey (about an hour) trying to get Tawney to come over to him. She sat and stared at him as if he had run mad, and every so often turned to look at me as though to say 'tut tut, and the sun not over the yardarm yet!!!' She also somehow managed to convey the raised eyebrows over to me!!!
I thought it was really funny to be honest, the lad was totally humiliated by this dog who refused to even acknowledge his existence!!!!

He must of been humiliated to realise that Tawney was actually the far more intelligent out of the two. Well done Tawney!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Well done Jake for being so good on the bus

Originally Posted by perrypooh View Post
I'd rather sit next to a well behaved (or even poorly behaved!)dog on a bus than a kid pickin its nose, screaming and carrying on.
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Perypooh,
Never mind kids, what a nightmare it is to sit next (or even near) a group of teenagers, swearing, spitting, fighting, and hardly able to speak properly. I've only had the misfortune to be in that situation a few times in my life, but every time is etched on my memory.

I think more people should take their dogs on buses & trains.
Totally agree for any wrong dogs could do it is minimal to some people that we are supposed to tollerate!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Tawney sounds like she was such a lovely girl...I wish mine had that air of calm too, maybe it will come with age. I could only imagine the scene I would be trying to ignore those kids yet my dogs would keep pulling to see the idiots, with Kody's greeting (to people that wind him up) they may well have wished they didn't encourage him though (once they are flattened - they wouldn't look so cool then )
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2