View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Jake's 'Special' Birthday walk at Chatelherault!

I always like to take Jake on a ‘special’ birthday walk, his birthday was on Monday, but I couldn’t take him then so me and OH took him today. We went to Chatelherault, and it was such a great day Me and Jake also had an hour and a half walk with Paddy before going on this walk…

OH loved the walk, and is on a fitness kick (he loves the gym, but isn't a big walker so he surprised me today!) so we are planning on making this walk a more regular one. We do go to Chatelherault quite a bit in the summer, but don't usually do the longest route, which we did today!

We took some lunch with us, so we went to a nice grassy bit to sit and eat, and throw the ball and Frisbee for Jake (Jake really just wanted the ball, but OH got him the Frisbee so was persistent in making him play with that the most )

Check that tongue out

Dafty

‘I’m coming!’

Then we had a wee rest while we ate, but Jake wasn’t happy about that and pestered us to keep throwing the ball… it was quite warm though, so we didn’t.

Then on with the walk… which was 5 miles… and a tough 5 miles Up and down steep hills, and stairs… not that Jake bothered, and thankfully most of the walk was in the shade.

OH getting ready for the walk… we both looked like pack horses

Jake had to stay on lead for the beginning bit, coz there are some really steep hills that, although he is a sensible dog, I worry he will fall down one…

The view from the bridge…

And, he’s off!

Jake going on ahead of us

‘Are you two coming?’

And then we saw some sheep, and wee lambs

Jake watching the sheep…

Jake was happy he found some water

And then we found a steep hill…

Phew, we made it to the top!

OH just had to climb this…

Jake then had to copy him, and I was having kittens in case he fell (he obviously didn’t though )

‘Coming!’… This was after he chased a cyclist… something he has never done, but I can’t blame him coz the guy came hurtling round the corner at a ridiculous speed and gave Jake a fright!

Then we saw some horses…

Jake was scared crossing this bridge… It was a noisy one when you walked over it, and he kept looking through the gaps between the planks of wood…

The ruddy stairs! This was us half way up them… they continue on further than you can see in the pic…

Jake peeking through the trees, wondering what was taking us so long…

And two hours later, we are back!

Jake was tired when we got back…

Sorry for the overload
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 08:23 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jake!!
Looks like a great walk, a bit tiring for the humans but looked like a breeze for Jake
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Great pics. Those hills are hard but worth it. There are conveniently placed benches!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Looks like a fantastic walk I've seen the signs for Chatelherault but had absolutely no idea what it was . No way I could manage those walks, but may get hubby to take Ranger and the kids when we come up in the summer. Jake looking great as always
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Happy Birthday Jake.............Im tired now too

Great photos
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jake!!
Looks like a great walk, a bit tiring for the humans but looked like a breeze for Jake
Thanks Jake was running about right up until the end... me and OH were desperate for a seat!

Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
Great pics. Those hills are hard but worth it. There are conveniently placed benches!
Thanks, oh they definitely are... It is such a gorgeous walk and the benches are very conveniently placed... like right at the top of those blooming stairs!

Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Looks like a fantastic walk I've seen the signs for Chatelherault but had absolutely no idea what it was . No way I could manage those walks, but may get hubby to take Ranger and the kids when we come up in the summer. Jake looking great as always
Oh, you should go! It is excellent, and brilliant for dogs. It is good for kids too, with a play park and visitors centre which is good for kids (my niece and nephew love it! there is a 'badgers set' that the kids love to crawl though )... and there are the most gorgeous walks. Some are relatively short, and then there is the long one (which is the one we did today). It is a tiring walk, but it is great

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Happy Birthday Jake.............Im tired now too

Great photos
I am shattered! Two long walks, and then I had to take Paddy out again tonight... I had a well deserve soak in the tub tonight
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Looks like a beautiful walk! thanks for sharing.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Great birthday treat! Love the pics of tired Jakey
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Lovely! looks like a great day. I havent been there for ages but it is a hard workout walk and no mistake - but the views are worth it
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Jake is gorgeous! Looks like you all enjoyed it
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >