View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE=lozzibear;2071213]Jake was a nightmare as a pup, and I had to get a long line for him… his recall is sooooo much better now though, and he hasn’t done something like that for months and months… he is also a clinger so likes to keep me insight, and if his is away investigating out of sight, he pops back every minute or so to check where I am! I think it gave him a big fright though when he came out the trees, and saw I wasn’t there. QUOTE]

I had a Springer that went deaf with old age, I'd still take her to the dog park (160 acres of trees, ponds and river) she would wander into the trees to explore, but came out in the EXACT same place she went in... the first time I didn't notice her go into the trees, and she came out after i walked around a curve, she PANICKED and ran looking for me... unfortunately, it was back the way we came! SCARED THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUTTA ME!!!! I went running after her, and people kept saying, i saw her, it looked like she was looking for something.... well, I found her... at my truck! from then on, i put a bell on her collar, so I'd know when she went for a wander, and I'd stop... but if we got turned around, I knew where she went... I also always parked in the same place, so she could always find my truck!

Silly Jake... I'd also like to know what he got up to! You musta been outta your mind with worry!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Be aware if walking in the dusk at this time of year.. Dogs have much more sensitive hearing than we do, they can hear fireworks from miles away... I always put mine on lead if it gets dark around here... A screamer or Banger will send Pharaoh running for home.

So glad Jake got home safely.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Thank goodness you got him back.

The steadiest of dogs can get spooked by something and run off. You must have been very shaken by it happening, I'd have been in tears with the fear of not being able to find him.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2010, 06:55 PM
OMG! SO glad Jake is okay and well! Had my heart in my throat reading that!
MarkAndOscar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-10-2010, 08:19 PM
My god Lozzi, what a thing to happen!

Glad he is ok, we should get Oscar and Jake together, think they would love a mission like that together!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3