View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't want to pay that amount of money for a cross-bred dog - however adorable. It seems a bit of a con to me when there have been no health checks done, and no after sales care. But each to their own.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2006, 09:42 AM
OMG 900 pounds thats way to much god you can buy 2 gsd's and another dog with that
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 11:53 AM
When I bought my Jack Russell pup 3 years ago the going rate was about £75.00. But because I knew how much hard work and care had gone into the breeding- back 3 generations for temperament, etc, I was prepared to pay what was asked which was twice that As much as many people will get conned, its still up to the individual what they are prepared to pay
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Thats very doubtful when you an get a well bred Bullmastiff for pretty much the same price, although I feel some people would pay it, taking into account how much pure bred DDB's cost.

I quite agree-£850 is in my opinion far too much for a cross,but this is what he said they were worth and i did hear right!
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
I know what you mean about the price and the designer market but the labradoodle breed has been around for quite some time, it was first bred in Austrailia in the seventies if I remember correctly and it was for a particular reason, cant remember what
I think it was the guide dogs who first bred them for people who was to shedding dog fur hence the poodle cross with the lab.
These bloody DD go for more then a registered and health screen dog.
I had a email from a person who wanted to use Cruz over his bitch that he just got when I ask for more inform he got back to me she is only 11 weeks old and he wants two litters out of her what a JOKE he should be shot
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 11:38 AM
http://www.epupz.co.uk/clas/viewdetails.asp?view=60738

£1200 each, had 8 got 2 left......now thats expensive.

I think they are nice looking dogs, but i wouldn't pay half of that for one. Get something very similar looking at the dogs home.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 12:34 PM
That is really appauling, that price is more than average prices for 99% of ped breed dogs with all the right health tests and screening, talk about making a fast buck
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post

I think they are nice looking dogs, but i wouldn't pay half of that for one. Get something very similar looking at the dogs home.
read the ad, what of the code of ethics for registered breeders here in Australia our code of ethics will not allow the mating of a registered dog of one breed to be put over a dog of a different breed or a unregistered breed of the same type? It states that the poodle is a top winning show dog?
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post

Inflation is worse than I thought - this newly listed advert has labradoodle puppies for £1800 each . How mad is that ?

http://www.epupz.co.uk/clas/viewdetails.asp?view=70023
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Thats more than Ollie cost and he is a pedigree BMD.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >