View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-10-2006, 05:19 PM

Almost choked on my drink when i saw this-outrageous price!!

900 pound for a first gen (so straight first cross) "Labradoodle"-taking a waiting list now, according to the add
Cheese n Rice will people actually pay this?!?!
No mention of health tests, puppy contracts or breeder taking back if anything happened etc...
New this new 'designer breed market' was ridiculous..but this..this is just...unbelievable!!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 05:27 PM
OMG that's unbelievable
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 05:28 PM
I know what you mean about the price and the designer market but the labradoodle breed has been around for quite some time, it was first bred in Austrailia in the seventies if I remember correctly and it was for a particular reason, cant remember what
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
I know what you mean about the price and the designer market but the labradoodle breed has been around for quite some time, it was first bred in Austrailia in the seventies if I remember correctly and it was for a particular reason, cant remember what
They were bred to provide Guide dogs for those with allergies. If I remember rightly it was an unsuccessful experiment.

Breeders in my area are only asking £600 for one, the same breeder is also breeding PoodleXGolden Retrievers.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

16-10-2006, 05:36 PM
I think that the Labradoodle was originally bred for guidegogs for the blind for people who were allergic to dog hair ,but I am nor certain, but would agree with Zuba that it has been around for a while, but like all of these mixed pedigree dogs how people pay such extorionate prices for what is not a breed but a cross breed it beyond me . It merely encourages money grabbing people to bring another breed into the world when there more than enough legitimate breeds around. That is only IMO
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

16-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Apologies Nova Viz our posts have crossed.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately, all the time they manage to sell their pups for these ridiculous prices they will continue to breed them.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Apologies Nova Viz our posts have crossed.
Great minds and all that.............
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-10-2006, 06:07 PM
It dont suprise me Luke.A bloke nearby who had his Dogge de Bordeaux/Bullmastiff cross mated with a Bullmastiff recons he can get £850 for each puppy!!!

I havent a clue if this is the going rate,but surely the puppys are mongrels as the mother is a cross to start with??? Im not critising mongrels or crosses in any way,but like the Labradoodle-its not pure blood.

I must add though that i would never pay that sort of money for a dog no matter what its breed was-too many unwanted dogs already in rescue needing a good home.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 06:08 PM
No but Luke's post says it's a first generation labradoodle.

Yes, they have been around a long time but there are still people producing first generation cross from labs and poodles rather than from labradoodle parents.

What a ridiculous price for a crossbreed! :loopy:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >