Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 08:47 PM

Anybody Know???

How to download music onto a psp(playstation portable)????? My brother let me borrow his usb wire,so last night i was trying to put songs onto it.He didnt get any software for it (well so he says ) so im not going wrong there.I just tried doing it like i was using an mp3 player,but nope didnt work. So if anybody knows how to do it please could they tell me.

x x x Thanks x x x

xxLauraxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Ooh was that the software for it that I put in the bin?
Lozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Ooh was that the software for it that I put in the bin?

WHAT!?!?!

nah surely you woudnt

xxLauraxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Hmmm give me a few moments to think about it......................... :smt017
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2006, 09:53 PM
This not my work it's stuff i have found on the internet

Credit to pauldude550

ok. i am going to clear every problem you guys are having seeing as you ARE having one or 2 problems.
MUSIC:
first off, if you have firmware 2.50 or lower, then the music you can put on you psp has to be in MP3 format. nothing else will work. don't forget, if you go above 2.0, then you will no longer be able to use homebrew, but thats another story for another day. you can convert music into mp3's using software. search google for an mp3 converter to try and find a free one.
WHERE DO I SAVE?? i hear you ask.
well, plug your psp into your computer, hopefully a box will pop up giving you some options. just press cancel. go into the start menu ---->my computer . now you will see a drive which does not normaly appear there. for me, it is G:. for you, it may be E: or F: . whichever it is, it will be a removable storage device, and look not like your C: icon, nor you D: icon,(if D is you cd drive anyway) . now, click on that. hopefully, you will then see a couple of folders. one called MP_ROOT and one called PSP. (MP_ROOT is for videos...i'll explain later) now, go into PSP, create a folder called "MUSIC" in capitals. go into that folder. now put the music tracks you want on your psp into that folder. when it's done, give it 15 more seconds, because sometimes it needs it. now go into that music folder on your psp and see if they are there. hopefully they are. if they are not then they are probably not in mp3 format.
If you have 2.6 firmware, you can have WMA music. just put it in the same folder.

NOW FOR THE VIDEOS!
get the video you want. download psp video 9 . this will help a lot....install etc. now plug in your psp, and open psp video 9 for the first time. hopefully it will detect the psp, if it doesn't, choose the correct drive. to make things simpler here, i am going to miss some steps. if you want to lower the quality of the movie so it is a smaller size, then go to setup but if you don't really care keep reading. click convert, transcode new video, select the video you want. click ok, and it will do it eventually. it takes a while this bit... now, the option under convert to the left has something to do with the psp, click on it. i think it's transfer or something. make sure all the settings are right.
you want the video to be going into (depending on what codec you are using)
X:/MP_ROOT/100MNV/ (this is for MP4 videos)
X:/MP_ROOT/100ANV/ (this is for AVC videos)
X is the drive of your psp.
i think we're about there now, and once you have transfered you should be able to watch your beloved video.
Lozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks Leo for that

But also the thing im having trouble with is when i connect my psp to my computer it doesnt detect the psp at all Normally when i connect my ipod or something it makes a noise but it doesnt when i connect the psp

Thanks again

xxLauraxx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Even tho it don't make the sound check to see if it's listed in my computer it may be there but i'll keep looking for you.

Is your psp in USB mode?

This might explain why your not getting the sound
Lozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Still no music on it yet but why it wasnt detecting the psp on my computer was because i wasnt putting it in usb mode lol!

So after it detected it i tried putting the music on again.It said it went on but when i looked on my psp it just says no tracks. So ive give up!

My mate is having the same trouble with hers too so im glad im not the only one!

xxLauraxx