Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 04:04 PM

Some people

I can’t believe this woman at dog school today. I usually get there about 10 mins early so Culotte can have a bit of a walk around before we start and so do some of the other owners, normally the trainer is already there by then, but today he was running late. Anyway I was walking Culotte and another dog Biloute was having her walk (both on leads) and a new owner turned up with a Labx ? she was quite a large dog the woman got herself out of the car then the dog and the dog started pulling to get to Biloute and Culotte so what did the woman do, let go of the lead , Biloute is a young boxer and happy to play but Culotte hates dogs that get in her face so gave the dog a mouth full, by that time Jonny (the trainer) had turned up and he caught the dog, before anything nasty started.
What did the woman have to say for herself, that as the dog is so strong and might pull her over she always lets go of it when it pulls , the dog is 2 years old, no heal, no recall and its strong, why oh why do people get dogs that they cant be bothered to train when young and then wonder why all hell breaks out later
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I always sat on the floor when mine pulled

I understand your frustration though - you're lucky it was a friendly dog though.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I've never been to a dog training class(maybe should've done, not sure) but can understand what you're saying. I love the names Culotte and Biloute btw n am sorry SLB but can't help laughing at the thought of you being pulled along on your behind(if ever were) and someone's look of astonishment . I hope the woman learns to manage her dog better at the training class.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm suprised the dog survived to 2yrs old if she lets go everytime it pulls!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
LOL, I thought the same! mine would be long dead if that were the case.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:05 PM
SLB

i remember when i was little, maybe 5, we rescued and english bull terrier cross, who hated other dogs, we were coming out of the house one day when the woman across the road (i say road, its a cul de sac with just 5 houses) with her collie, our girl saw this collie, and went mad.... started pulling, baring in mind i was 5 and was extremely small for my age, and i went straight onto my front, getting pulled along by the dog, mum was shouting at me to let go of the lead, but i refused, and there i was getting dragged along on my belly all because i wouldnt let go had a fair few grazes....

i totally get what you mean it really annoys me. we have a woman who when she drops her dogs off at work she lets go of the leads and lets them run through the door because they pull her
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I always sat on the floor when mine pulled

I understand your frustration though - you're lucky it was a friendly dog though.

Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
I dont think the poor dog goes out for a walk often, though it aparently escapes often, and ends up at the gendarmerie or the Marie, in fact thats why she ended up at dog school, I think the gendarmes told her to get it (or her ) some training. How the dog hasnt been run over I dont know, because she lives in a small town with a busy road.
Its a shame cos it seems to be (or could be) a really nice dog.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-01-2011, 09:51 PM
well at least she is making the effort now by attending training, most people i know with dogs cannot be bothered.