Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormpants
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Poor Puppy

There is an alcoholic woman in our town, who always hangs around the streets with the other drinkers and down and outs. This woman is a very heavy drinker and always has a can of Special Brew in her hand and she looks very out of it most of the time. Anyway, she has recently acquired a beautiful little puppy, who she walks around on a bit of string and today I saw her talking to someone who had a child in a push chair and she picked up the puppy by the collar to show the child and in the process, spilt some of her Special Brew, which the puppy quickly lapped at, once it was back on the ground! The puppy looks very well fed, but what about water, if it was lapping up that drink (which is terrible in itself, as SB is about 9% alcohol!), it must have been thirsty and I wonder if it gets enough water as the woman is so out of it all the time.

Makes me very sad for this poor little puppy. Though, as I said, it does look well fed and at least it's not just stuck in a yard all day on it's own. But, it should definitely not be drinking alcohol of any kind, especially not 9% and I didn't like the way she picked it up by the collar! Though the pup didn't seem at all distressed by it.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 01:30 PM
It breaks my heart to think of dogs with homeless people, it makes me so upset when I see them on the street. They may have a bond...but where is the care
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
It breaks my heart to think of dogs with homeless people, it makes me so upset when I see them on the street. They may have a bond...but where is the care
homeless peoples dogs(not alcoholics dogs) have a wonderful life,full of love and care! they are often that persons lifeline and best friend!..always with their owners with a special bond.

not the same as alchis and druggies...or the average 'yoot' round here.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 01:39 PM
... Tupac and lobo would of had that special brew too lol
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2011, 02:46 PM
This kind of thing breaks my heart, i hate to think of little animals not being treated properly

If i see a homeless person with a dog, i always give them a couple of quid for the dog food .......whether they spend it on the dog... i dont know ! xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Offer her a bottle of White Lightning for it. That`ll show how much she values it.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by NicolaG View Post
This kind of thing breaks my heart, i hate to think of little animals not being treated properly

If i see a homeless person with a dog, i always give them a couple of quid for the dog food .......whether they spend it on the dog... i dont know ! xx
When I was younger and around town I used to go and buy loads of dog biscuits and feed it to the homeless peoples' dogs that way I made sure the dogs got my money and it didn't go somewhere it shouldn't. Used to buy the homeless guy a burger too soft touch me. I agree though, a lot of the homeless people around where I used to live would go hungry themselves before they let their dog go hungry.

Hopefully this pup just has a bit of a liking for Special Brew. Kiba will lick OHs beer cans if he can get them!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
homeless peoples dogs(not alcoholics dogs) have a wonderful life,full of love and care! they are often that persons lifeline and best friend!..always with their owners with a special bond.

not the same as alchis and druggies...or the average 'yoot' round here.
Homeless people's dogs as Layla says - are very well cared for and to be fair they don't have the same behavioural issues as we do with our dogs. How many times have you seen a homeless man being dragged about by his dog. Their vet care is also free I believe (?)

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
... Tupac and lobo would of had that special brew too lol
Two of mine would too - in fact Louie knocked over a glass of WKD and before I'd noticed he'd already cleaned it up - good job there wasn't loads left.

SP - couldn't you report her to someone? The RSPCA?
Stormpants
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
SP - couldn't you report her to someone? The RSPCA?
I really don't think the RSPCA would be interested, the pup does look well fed and what proof have I got of what she did. I also don't think she seems like a cruel person and apart from what I saw (and she wasn't actually meaning to be cruel), I haven't seen how else she treats the dog. I've seen her a couple of times walking down the road carrying the pup and have never seen her shouting at it, or hurting it. I just wish that laws were stricter on what kind of people got to own dogs (and other animals too). I believe that all domesticated animals deserve the best life possible and so many don't egt that.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Stormpants View Post
I really don't think the RSPCA would be interested, the pup does look well fed and what proof have I got of what she did. I also don't think she seems like a cruel person and apart from what I saw (and she wasn't actually meaning to be cruel), I haven't seen how else she treats the dog. I've seen her a couple of times walking down the road carrying the pup and have never seen her shouting at it, or hurting it. I just wish that laws were stricter on what kind of people got to own dogs (and other animals too). I believe that all domesticated animals deserve the best life possible and so many don't egt that.
so whats your problem? (other than the collar thing)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >