Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Lovely Collies. I look forward to getting to know them
Your new lad looks lovely, and im sure the nuetering will help to calm him down a touch
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Lovely dogs!
tracypj
New Member!
Female 

25-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It will all work itself out, these things usually do.

I hope Toby being neutered helps the barking and running off - but I would imagine that the barking could well be ingrained as a habit now However, if he never had any proper stimulation in his previous homes and has spent the last few months in kennels, it may just have started through boredom. Now he has a pal to play with and hopefully plenty of exercise and mental stimulation, I am sure he will be a happier dog all round.

Is your garden nice and secure, so he won't have a chance to run off?
Good luck with him - he looks gorgeous.
I'm fairly sure the barking is excitement. Since we got him back on Sunday, he's quiet in the house and only woofs when we're not going out fast enough for him. Even that's calmed down today, so we only had 2 squeaks from him this morning, then a full out session once we got to a new park he'd not been in.

We live in the countryside, so noise isn't so much of a problem, and I'm sure now that he has 'jobs' to do, such as eating a bone, and learning our ways of doing things it'll become better all the time. The lady from the kennel couldn't believe the silence when she called to see him!

Our back yard is very secure - a 7' solid oak gate with stone walls on either side and the yard is also paved, so no digging Once you get past the wooden gate, there is then a 4' wrought iron gate with chicken wire between the spindles so no matter how thin, a dog cannot get out

As for walks - we tend to walk our dog/s for about 2 hours in the morning, and an hour plus at night. Then a final walk for 15 min just before bed. We've done this with him from the day he came and he's been a tired lad in the evenings

He's lovely, and I'm sure it'll all sort out in the end - Holly hasn't been with another dog for 2 years, so it's a big adjustment for her to make.

I'll keep you updated as we go

T xx
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Lovely collies! My Collie cross is 10 in September and people from the Dogsey walks will tell you she seems nothing like 9 years old. She can still outrun my ESS x pup
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Aww Bless Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
Borderpower
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:39 PM
gorgeous border collies, very sweet!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2